Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2018 11:26:20 AM EDT
Bought a Virtus from a guy and it turns out to be an MCX. What am I missing by going with this instead of the Virtus? I think in either case, the deal was good so I'm not mad; just want to know if it's gonna be what I want.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 11:31:48 AM EDT
[#1]
From what I understand the uppers are different which means you can not use Virtus handguardd and barrels etc. on the plus side the MCX is lighter than the virtus.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 11:51:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. I'm just going to send it back for full refund. It was a pretty good deal but the more I read, the less I'm enamored with Sig and their constant product churn. Sounds like support isn't great from a parts standpoint but I will say they have been quick to respond to my questions. Back to the drawing board.....
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 1:12:12 PM EDT
[#3]
The only thing you can't swap is handguards. Everything else can be swapped.

Plus the MCX is a lot lighter.

I would keep it if you got a good deal.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 2:48:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The only thing you can't swap is handguards. Everything else can be swapped.

Plus the MCX is a lot lighter.

I would keep it if you got a good deal.
View Quote
This ^

Only thing not interchangeable is the handguards.  If it was a good deal, keep it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top