Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2021 11:58:09 AM EDT
I've been super satisfied with Mr. Shufflin in the past but he only takes work on Garands, M1 carbines etc. Have a couple rifles I need reparked properly and was wondering if anyone here had suggestions. Priority is quality not cheapness.

I understand cerakote is better in nearly every way but in this case I'm looking for authenticity over practicality and would like to find someone who can do a great sand blast and manganese phosphate job. Anyone have suggestions, or want to show off cool projects you've had finished?
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 10:21:44 PM EDT
[#1]

I just parkerized this a couple of days ago. It's pretty simple to do yourself. Blasted it in a "harbor freight" (I can't remember where I got it) cabinet with some fine media. Dunked it in acetone to de-grease. Park'ed it using Lauer manganese phosphate solution in a stainless tray on a turkey fryer. This is my second item, the first was a shotgun barrel and it turned out pretty good too.

The firing pin retaining pin was broke and I wanted new sights, so I'm waiting on stuff from Cajun Gunworks to finish it up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top