Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/29/2018 4:30:04 PM EDT
I recently purchased my first thermal scope, I bought a Pulsar XP50 trail. It has been great after years of hunting with NODS and infrared lasers.

I also decided to purchase a monocular for spotting with, I bought an ATN OTS-HD, I feel I made a mistake with this as it doesnt perform like I expected it to.

So I need opinions on a new monocular. Would like for it to have some zoom, maybe 5x and wifi/bluetooth so I can link to my ipad.

What am I looking for?
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 4:51:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Helmet mounted or hand-held?
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 4:52:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 5:03:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Helmet mounted or hand-held?
View Quote
Hand held.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 5:04:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Pulsar Helion more than likely, check out our sister site www.nightgoggles.com for that stuff.
I personally really like the XP-38
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I recently purchased my first thermal scope, I bought a Pulsar XP50 trail. It has been great after years of hunting with NODS and infrared lasers.

I also decided to purchase a monocular for spotting with, I bought an ATN OTS-HD, I feel I made a mistake with this as it doesnt perform like I expected it to.

So I need opinions on a new monocular. Would like for it to have some zoom, maybe 5x and wifi/bluetooth so I can link to my ipad.

What am I looking for?
Pulsar Helion more than likely, check out our sister site www.nightgoggles.com for that stuff.
I personally really like the XP-38
Will do.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 6:53:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 7:37:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Where are you in TX?  Have a few things if you wanted to compare side by side. A lot easier that way.
Offer open
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 7:56:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Where are you in TX?  Have a few things if you wanted to compare side by side. A lot easier that way.
Offer open
View Quote
Conroe/Willis area.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 8:01:03 PM EDT
[#8]
You’re maybe hr 10 from me.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 8:02:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
What area are you in?
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 8:17:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I peeped in because for some reason I read Thermo Nuclear!
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 11:08:53 PM EDT
[#11]
very close to buying the flir breach because 1. it's very lightweight 2. it's very functional 3. it can be helmet mounted 4. there's an ir running through the end of the year 5. there is not much that can compare to it given points 1-4

change my mind
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 11:25:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Handheld for scanning and observation I love my FLIR LS-XR. Skypup has posted video from his on you tube.
 Affordable @ 3500 dollars. Has an up to 8x digital zoom. Can output to a DVR too. Laser designator built in.
Highly recommended!
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 12:23:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
very close to buying the flir breach because 1. it's very lightweight 2. it's very functional 3. it can be helmet mounted 4. there's an ir running through the end of the year 5. there is not much that can compare to it given points 1-4

change my mind
View Quote
It would be perfect if it just had the damn reticle.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 12:37:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Conroe/Willis area.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Offer open
Conroe/Willis area.
North E Houston on i45.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 1:12:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
What area are you in?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What area are you in?
They’re in Madisonvilled/Centerville areaz
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top