Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2018 1:18:56 PM EDT
So my final pair of the OTB Desertlites that I stocked up on back when they were basically giving them away are now more Shoe Goo than they are actual boot.

I was initially looking at a Lowa Zephyr GTX Mid, but the ones I tried on had horrible heel lift for my foot and width so I didn't mess with them past that.

Am looking for something more of a light yet durable hiking/running boot that can also hold up to being dragged all over the rock and desert where I am and has good ankle support; this is why I thought the Lowa would work out well.

Would prefer it be made in the US if possible.

Whats suggested? It's been a while since I looked at boots and everything either looks the same, or is way too heavyweight for what I want.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 3:33:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Salomon 4D Quest Forces or XA Pro 3D Forces.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 3:44:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Salomon 4D Quest Forces or XA Pro 3D Forces.
View Quote
If they fit your foot Salomon 4D Quest are awesome. I have 4 pairs, two Forces, two Commercial. 3 with Goretex 1 without.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 6:05:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Just got some Nike SFB Gen 2s they seem pretty nice. Can't go wrong with Soloman 3D or 4D or Lowa Zephyrs.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 7:41:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Garment T8 NFS, only boot I buy.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 11:52:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just got some Nike SFB Gen 2s they seem pretty nice. Can't go wrong with Soloman 3D or 4D or Lowa Zephyrs.
View Quote
I have all of those. Solid post.
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 11:05:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Check out KEEN boots and if you have a job "in the field" you can get them for a significant discount from them directly.  I have been wearing these overseas in the sandbox for years.  My family is now outfitted in them as well.   Depending on how hard you use them, mine over here last about 1 year.  My family member boots last about 3.  But with the cheaper prices with the discount I can get, it is worth it.  Plus it is the most comfortable boot I have ever wore.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top