Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2018 8:22:59 PM EDT
i recently got done cutting down and rewelding a Spanish 1895 to better fit a .45 acp conversion system for small ring mauser from Rhineland arms.  Now that everything fits and functions properly, i'm stuck on what to do for a stock.  I was considering a Richards microfit in Mini mauser pattern.

What I can't find and Richards won't answer e-mails, is action screw spacing for the mini mauser.  I really don't want to throw good money after bad.  Anyone have that info?

Before anyone asks, It was done on home brew jigs, with a saw and hand fitting.  No lathe, or mill.  I did have a reputable local smith check it out and he gave it the thumbs up as he laughed at me for the enthusiasm and weirdness of the build so far.

Any measurements would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 8:34:04 PM EDT
[#1]
The terms you are using is confusing and could be why you are not getting a reply

The Spanish 1895 is a small ring Mauser. Search for small ring Mauser action screw bolt spacing

There is a Mini Mauser made by Zastava that is not military based. I have one in 223AI & 7.62X39

www.hoosiergunworks.com/catalog/mauser_reference.html
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 9:58:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Your mausers measurements are the items I'm looking for.  I took a small ring mauser, shortened the bolt throw, built a new short throw ejector box, completely different from Rhineland Arms kit stuff and re did the bolt stop.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 10:32:54 AM EDT
[#3]
You're going to need a custom stock. The chances that you happened to nail the center-to-center distance of an existing design is pretty much zero, which means there won't be any pre-inlet or 90% inlet or anything that will work for it. My suggestion is to take a cheaper stock, cut a similar segment out as you did with the receiver (cut from the mag area) and splice it together with Acraglass and radially grooved pins or segments of small all-thread. That way, it will fit with minor scraping/inletting... and be just as fun a project for your "weird" little rifle. Sounds like a good project, and I'd love to see a picture!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top