Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2022 12:32:46 PM EDT
Had a rv fire this past sunday on my way to a state park. Took guns to shoot at Indian River GUN Range. Had a Griffin Resistance 9mm suppressor ( aluminum) and a Griffin Alpha 30 called suppressor.

The alpha held up great just burnt. I've shot steel suppressors till they were cherry red and they held up just fine. But the Resistance 9mm suppressor made out of aluminum. Well it disappeared. It totally melted. All that was left was the part that threads on to barrel. The tube everything else melted into nothing.

Going back over to where they have the rv stored to rummage through it to see if I can find anything worth keeping.

How do I handle this destroyed suppressor. Can another be made by griffin with same serial as on form 4 or do I have to buy another and go through the entire process again. What do I do to report what happened to our masters

Lost a glock 26, sig 938 extreme and a Daniel Defense AR15 with an eotech/3x magnifier comb. But barrel with Griffin Alpha suppressor still attached to it and bcg still locked into chamber survived. The upper and lower was totally gone. Everything made out of aluminum gone.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 2:04:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 4:58:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes I can. All that's left is the part that holds the piston and screws on to the barrel. We are driving back over tomorrow to dig around in the debris to look for our jewelry. My wedding ring was in there along with other items. My wife wants to do this. I seriously doubt I'll find anything. The rv was literally burnt to the frame but it won't hurt to try. But I want to say I think I saw a baffle or two.

The glock 26 slide and barrel I think I can salvage. If they make 80% lowers for a g26 I'll try to rebuild it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 6:47:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I personally wouldn't trust a barrel or slide after a fire, the suppressor might be fine.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:57:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 7:32:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I personally wouldn't trust a barrel or slide after a fire, the suppressor might be fine.
View Quote

I do not think it was exposed to enough heat long enough to damage slide and barrel where I found it. Because the lower did suffer from heat enough to deform it. But the ammo in the mag was still intact. Which shocked me. When examining the weapon the innard base plate of mag fell out and 10 rds of live ammo rolled out of the grip. So I think the slide and barrel will be fine. Found a g26 lower online for under 200.00.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top