Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2018 5:55:50 PM EDT
Wanting to get a sten to as a second mg to my m11. Looking at a few. What are the important things to know when looking at stens? What makers should I be looking for? Reuben has a Pearl manufacturing sten and also I found a DLO for sale same price. How would know who actually made the gun vs who registered the tube? Any help appreciated, I’m wanting to eventually get a potted barrel and make an integral type build.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 7:10:43 PM EDT
[#1]
You really cant go wrong with a Pearl or a DLO.

You really can't go wrong with a sten period. They just work.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 8:58:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You really cant go wrong with a Pearl or a DLO.

You really can't go wrong with a sten period. They just work.
View Quote
They're nice and parts are cheap and plentiful, so if by chance you get one that has any issues, it's very easy to correct.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 10:58:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I really like having cheap parts and mags. Another reason I want a sten. The pearl sold so I’m still looking. If anybody sees any come up pass it along please. I already have an m11/9 to tinker with so I want something more historical and I think stens suppressed are cool.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 11:36:13 PM EDT
[#4]
DLO and Wilson? made a lot of tubes 80% and many people finished them.

If you can find a tube, I would Sterling or lancaster it
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 9:50:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Just sold my Sten. Ran like a champ, spare parts are easy to get.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 10:18:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
DLO and Wilson? made a lot of tubes 80% and many people finished them.

If you can find a tube, I would Sterling or lancaster it
View Quote
I don’t see many Lancaster’s but I think they are cool as well. Would love one of those as well but I don’t know what they go for these days.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 11:55:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I don't see many Lancaster's but I think they are cool as well. Would love one of those as well but I don't know what they go for these days.
View Quote
buy a 80% Registered tube. I saw 3/4 a few months ago. Then pay out the nose for a demilled kit, then pay more for a builder to finish it.

there are also so called Stenlings. I think this might be a no go right now..
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 1:53:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah I heard the ATF put  stop to some tube modifications. Don't know the details of it. There was an unbuilt tube on sturm for $4500 but I missed it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 4:31:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top