Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2020 10:52:06 PM EDT
I need some help with getting a part engraved(not a suppressor but the same diameter, a .410 Maglite AOW) but I want it around the circumference, not down the length.  I've tried a few shops that do laser engraving and asked Ecco, and noone has the equipment to do it.  Any clues on anyone that can do it?

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 11:15:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 11:36:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 9:46:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Ident doesn't have a 4th axis to do this.

I don't to do the light body since thats the part that typically wears out the fastest on these guns.  The trunnion that screws into the body and is steel so I want to engrave that instead.  I thought about doing the barrel itself with all of our info and the caliber but the trunnion would be so cool to do then I can make barrels of different calibers.

Here's what I made, just not my gun Maglite 410
To clear something else up, I work for an SOT so I got to build it first without a permission slip from Uncle Sugar.

Link Posted: 5/7/2020 10:58:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:
I know Tarheel isn’t set up for it, but Mark @ http://ncengravers.com might be. 

You definitely want to do the tube? I’ve done all of mine on one of the ends in a circular pattern.
View Quote

Just checked with NC Engravers and they don't do engraving around the tubes anymore.
I'm trying a local gun engraver, like artistic engraving, today and see if he can help out.

thanks for the suggestions.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 11:16:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Any reason it has to be laser and not milled?

A good friend of mine sells Umarq machines has samples at her house. I used to go over and she'd do my engraving for free. They rely on pressure and so there's no need for "programming". Just like doing a 2D surface, but the part spins.

These would be found, mostly, in a trophy shop vs firearm engraver. I know lasers are popular so they're what a lot of places have.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 3:04:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I just can't find any shops that will do milling that want to mess with it.  There's a trophy shop 100 yards away from the shop and they won't touch it.

I just hoping to find a firearms friendly shop that would do it for me but it's looking like I need to venture out and see what I can find.

Link Posted: 5/7/2020 4:42:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Give this a try :

CADD Graphics

+1 (919) 673-7107
[email protected]
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 8:25:18 PM EDT
[#8]
You called any jewelry stores?  They engrave the insides of round rings all the time.  
And my cheap ass buddy did an oil filter adapter for his first form 1 can.  He had the adapter engraved around the outside at a kiosk in the mall.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 10:36:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll try those places.  I never thought about a jewelry store.  That might work.

thanks
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 10:56:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I believe Phil at Veritas Machining LLC could do that. He does great work and I have been very impressed with everything I have seen him do. I will be taking several for more pieces to him myself.

https://www.veritasmachiningllc.com

Phone:
269-641-7500
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 6:55:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By brunosplace:
I believe Phil at Veritas Machining LLC could do that. He does great work and I have been very impressed with everything I have seen him do. I will be taking several for more pieces to him myself.

Phone:
269-641-7500
View Quote

He does, he's done a couple of barrels like that for me.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 7:29:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 8:33:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:
Also used a trophy shop once. Second worst one I’ve had done.
View Quote

My go-to guy for NFA stuffs in a local trophy shop.  Guess they're not all created equal.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 8:59:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By brunosplace:
I believe Phil at Veritas Machining LLC could do that. He does great work and I have been very impressed with everything I have seen him do. I will be taking several for more pieces to him myself.

Phone:
269-641-7500
View Quote

+1 for Veritas, he did some great work for me on lowers that I didn't think could be done.

Mod 1 also does engraving, super fast turn around on everything he's done for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top