Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2018 11:19:14 PM EDT
I have a Norotos AKA2 HM that has slightly bent arms that I'm sending back to norotos to be repaired. But I need a 2 hole shroud plate for the rear of the mount to fit in a v a s type shroud and I also need a bayonet/horn or dovetail type adapter. I'm looking for something cheap preferably a used item but can anyone help me out with what works best shroud wise for the aka2 rear plate VAS type shroud

Link Posted: 4/11/2018 12:34:27 AM EDT
[#1]
TNVC has the adapter plate your looking for
https://tnvc.com/shop/category/adaptors-arms-helmet-mounts/
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 10:21:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 10:27:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 6:31:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Norotos did and didn't say that they would repair my mount but the end result is yes they are going to repair it.

I had sent a email in asking about having it repaired and was sent a reply asking for my receipt and where I bought it and a couple other questions but I had also called norotos and spoke to a guy in the repair section and he told me just to send it in and to put on the package attention to his name and that he will fix it for me.

So it seems like if I had gone through the proper channels then it wouldn't be getting repaired but the fact that I called and spoke to someone who was obviously a kind-hearted person and told me just to send it in and make it attention to him and that he was going to fix it and send it back to me. So I'm thinking I got pretty lucky that I spoke to that guy instead of someone else. And as far as the lady telling you there is no repair department that seems a little like BS because this guy said that he repairs these mounts all the time

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did Norotos say they would repair your mount?

I say this because I had a long conversation with the President over the phone where she said she they don't have a repair department and they don't repair their stuff.

It did not leave a good taste in my mouth. Apparently they consider a $500 mount to be disposable.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 8:40:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Huh how about that.  Would have figured they told you to go pound sand.

Seems the official line is "we don't do repair work" yet it also seems as though they do, and they have a least one good mensch there.  Not to mention OP sounds like he used a sane and reasonable approach.

Please keep us posted on this.
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 3:27:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Huh how about that.  Would have figured they told you to go pound sand.

Seems the official line is "we don't do repair work" yet it also seems as though they do, and they have a least one good mensch there.  Not to mention OP sounds like he used a sane and reasonable approach.

Please keep us posted on this.
View Quote
I'll keep ya posted. I just shipped it back to Norotos yesterday so it will probably be a couple weeks but I'll post the results when I get it back
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 11:44:48 PM EDT
[#7]
SENT AKA2 TO NOROTOS AND HERES WHAT I WAS TOLD SO FAR

As of today April 17th norotos told me that the aka2 isn't repairable and then asked me if they even want me to send it back to me like I'm going to say no just trash it. So I asked him if there is a warranty or anything whatsoever that will able me to get it fixed or replaced and I'm waiting for a reply about that
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top