Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2018 12:53:53 PM EDT
ETA 3.0: BACK to my prior issue where the cut code does not have enough lines of code....   Ive tried everything I did before to get it to work and this go around it isnt work....   I am LOST on WTF my issue is....

ETA 2.5:  SOLVED cut code error.   Deleted EVERYTHING, reinstalled, reset machine to default, updated firmware, ALSO, USE the Adrilno driver that is LISTED in the manuel.  Not sure what part fixed my issue, but it seems to be going good now.  Code should be 68xxx lines of code.

ETA 2.0:

Now I am running the program, everything seems to run ok. But it seems to only be enough code to cut 50% of the lower....   And then RIGHT at the end of the 46xxx lines of cut code I get this error....

ETA: Problem solved!  Was a corrupted install file!  Got resent the DDCut windows installer and BAM!  GOOD TO GO!

{Hope this is the best sub form for this topic...}

I picked up a GG2 CNC and having an issue with the program install for Windows.

I plug the machine in and hear the noise Windows makes when something is connected.

I plug in the USB with the programs and cut code; that works and I can see everything within the file.

I attempt to install the DDCut windows program and am receiving an error.

I have tried disableing anti virus program thinking this DDCut is flagging as a virus. No luck.  Same error.

Ive moved the program to the desktop and tried to install, no luck again.

I tried the wifes laptop; tried my desktop PC; no luck, same error.

All windows 10 machines.

Anyone have any insight how to fix this?  There is not much information on the net...   Do i have a bad installer?   Where can I find the program to download?  The download page on the DD site says 404 not found.

I know there has been some back and fourth about the cutting code being mass distributed but I am not looking for the cut code, i need the CNC program to run the code i have....
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 4:05:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 5:50:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The install file you have it corrupted,

I just tried to download the file from GG page, but come back with page  not found.
https://ghostgunner.net/pages/downloads

If you bought the thumb drive with the software on it, give them a call to let them know that the program is corrupted on the thumb drive, since will bank that they can just email you the install file instead.

Also, before you load the program, make sure that you have installed the needed Arduino IDE driver.
Note, page 7 of the manual.

https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software
View Quote
Thanks.   I sent a message asking if there was a working download link and explained what i have going on.

I was trying to setup a macOS virtbox to try the macOS app... but that wasnt cooperating... Kept saying it could only run in 32bit when everything is 64...
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 8:56:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 10:46:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
VM's are a hard one to set up if the program has to run native instead.

As for Mac, I have Mac High Sierra set up in VM shell using VM Workstation under win 10, and the glitch with it is printing out from the shell.  
Hence have a HP 1100 that I use since, and there is no Mac native drivers for the printer, so have to use the VM's  generic tools ware driver to get me out of the shell to the printer isntead.

My guess is your having the same problem with macOS virtbox as well.
If such is the case, then some times it just a matter of setting up the machine for a dual boot isntead.  
If your on a mac, Book camp will set up for a dual boot, and the program should have no problem running on win instead.  
If DD cut needs to run in 32 bit, then you can boot camp up a 32bit version of windows for the dual boot instead.

As for home CNC machines, I run Mach3.  
View Quote
I think DDCut needs 64 bit.

I wonder if I could use mach3 with this cut file from the GG...?
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 11:59:59 PM EDT
[#5]
PROBLEM SOLVED.

Was a jacked up file. Got resent the DDCut windows installer and BAM!  GOOD TO GO!

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 10:12:51 PM EDT
[#6]
New issue...

Run the cut code and it only cuts 50% of the pocket... doesnt appear to be enough lines of code..?  Only 46xxx lines of code..?

Also receiving an error.

Link Posted: 7/22/2018 4:18:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I again tried to delete everything and reinstall the entire program for the Ghost Gunner... Yet here I am again with a program that only wants to cut half what it should...

I dont understand what the issue could be...

I had it working just fine for a couple lowers...  now it has reverted back to only milling half of the lower as the cut code doesnt have enough lines of code to complete the project....

Fireware up to date, installed everything required....  Tried different cut code as i figured i had a bad one... nope no dice...

I am lost on WTF my issue is...
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 11:05:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top