Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2020 12:11:53 AM EDT
Picked this up from a vendor in Afghanistan. Can anyone be gracious enough to tell me what I need to get this to actually fire without blowing off my hands. I tried my best to find information on it and I’m at a lost. From what I researched it uses .69 lead balls. For some reason it doesn’t stay half cocked only full cocked. Don’t know if its need repairs or it’s supposed to be like that. Any help would be appreciated !

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 12:43:30 AM EDT
[#1]
wall hanger, fire at your own risk.
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 12:54:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
wall hanger, fire at your own risk.
View Quote

Need to find a new bed side gun . For 80 euros and a pack of smokes I don’t regret. Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 6:30:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Roughly made local copy of a British gun.  I wouldn't try to fire it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 7:46:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Those screws aren't period correct as I'm sure you noticed. It looks like a hobbled together recreation. Curious about the authenticity of the Enfield marked parts.
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 8:19:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Pakistani-made replica made for sale to the souvenir market in Afghanistan.  Made as a decoration, not as a firearm.  Don’t try to shoot it.

The Roman coins aren’t real either.
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 9:30:53 AM EDT
[#6]
It is definitely a repro, figured that out when I bought it. It has been fired extensively from what I can tell when eyeing the bore. Got it in a local market next to Bagram. I’ll just throw it in my tool box , right next to my hammer. Thanks guys for the information.
Link Posted: 8/2/2020 8:38:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/2/2020 9:46:59 AM EDT
[#8]
AK47 according to CNN
Link Posted: 8/2/2020 9:54:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Oops. Came from Active Topics and just saw it’s not GD.

I wouldn’t trust anything from a street vendor, and that goes for Afghanistan, Istanbul or Chicago.

I’d say fine for decoration, not worth a shadow box or anything. If you want to fire it, I’d do it with a clamp and a string first.
Link Posted: 8/2/2020 10:16:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
AK47 according to CNN
View Quote

NO ... It's a handgun, so it's a Glock.
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 6:01:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Shame that 27 CFR 442 restricts us from only bringing back pre 1898 antiques and replicas of.  Most I inspect the flash hole is not present or misaligned from nipple.  Just use it as a wallhanger from your service there.

CD
Link Posted: 8/21/2020 4:53:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Roughly made local copy of a British gun.  I wouldn't try to fire it.
View Quote

Commonly found in that area!
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 12:30:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
For some reason it doesn’t stay half cocked only full cocked. Don’t know if its need repairs or it’s supposed to be like that. Any help would be appreciated !

View Quote

Before you do anything. Drop the rammer in the barrel and make sure there isn't a load in there!

It needs half cock to be safe. Period drills use it to put the priming cap on before loading. THEN only proceeding to full cock on "ready", then directly to "aim" & "fire".

Pull the lock off and see whether there is a half cock notch cut into the tumbler or not. The two screws on the left side will do it. Then check the geometry of the parts for why it may not function.

Try it with just a powder charge first. Make sure to use FFFG or FFG powder and NOT modern cartridge powders. If you do want to live fire it tie it to a tree or in a pistol vise and get behind something solid. There is not telling what that barrel is made from so there is peril involved...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top