Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2020 6:43:22 PM EDT
Hello all, I sent my 1911 out to barsto last year and planned on sending it to Robar for NP3+ when it came back.  Robar closed before I could contact them so I’ve been stuck with a parkerized custom 1911. I see that there are a few companies out there doing NP3 finishes, just want to get some recommendations and advice going forward.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 7:09:36 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.ccrrefinishing.com/
Their CPII is better than NP3.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 9:06:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, gonna take a look at their services.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 11:53:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Slides and barrels done in CPII.

It's nickel boron compared to nickel teflon (Robar).

I find the CPII less slick when my hands start to sweat.  I have a few guns in NP3 as well.

Link Posted: 4/30/2020 10:53:40 AM EDT
[#4]
The finish looks really nice!

I was planing on finishing my 1911 in either NP3 plus or hard chrome except for the slide.  Which I wanted to finish in melonite.  Think hard chime would be better vs the CPII or NP3?  Still up in the air.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top