Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/22/2021 1:19:06 PM EDT
Want to put together a basic, general purpose gun belt. Call it whatever but I will be using it for range, training, comps and SHTF if need be.

Basically looking for a 2 belt system (1.5" inner with 1.75 outer belt) and Molle compatible

Here are a few of the belts I'm looking at:

VTAC Raze

Blue Alpha

Safe Life Defense Tactical belt < A little wider then the other options

Any major reason to go with one of them over the others? Any others I should be considering?
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 1:38:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Safelife is chinesium that you see youtube ads for.
Go with the blue alpha.
/thread
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 1:47:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I have and use the Raze.  It’s great to CC light to medium load outs .  Throw a jacket on and it just disappears.  Perfect for a urban environment where you don’t want to draw attention
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 1:56:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I am super happy with my rdr gear belts

https://rdrgear.com/products/rdr-instructor-enhanced-belts

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 2:34:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Blue Alpha Gear. Pay the extra $10 to upgrade the inner belt. Love mine. Use the inner belt for my everyday carry. It’s great too.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 3:26:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have and use the Raze.  It’s great to CC light to medium load outs .  Throw a jacket on and it just disappears.  Perfect for a urban environment where you don’t want to draw attention
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
That's kind of what I'm looking for. I don't want anything to hold a full combat load. Just a holster, couple of pistol and rifle mags pouches and maybe a foldable dump pouch but something that could be concealed with a jacket.

Quoted:
Safelife is chinesium that you see youtube ads for.
That is kind of what I expected, hence why I asked.

Quoted:
Go with the blue alpha.
So what makes Blue Alpha so much better then the rest?
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 4:39:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Another vote to avoid the Safelife.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 4:51:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That's kind of what I'm looking for. I don't want anything to hold a full combat load. Just a holster, couple of pistol and rifle mags pouches and maybe a foldable dump pouch but something that could be concealed with a jacket.

That is kind of what I expected, hence why I asked.

So what makes Blue Alpha so much better then the rest?
View Quote

Better quality,  affordable and a lot of members here have experience with them. I don't personally,  just what I know of the choices you listed.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:49:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Cobra buckle system
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:40:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Foolish question but the Blue Alpha belt has the MOLLE system on the outside of it. If you’re utilizing it as such (mag pouches and miscellaneous accessories with MOLLE attachments), it’s not intended to be warn inside belt loops? It then is just a minimalist “war” belt if you will?
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:52:43 PM EDT
[#10]
esstac
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 2:37:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Foolish question but the Blue Alpha belt has the MOLLE system on the outside of it. If you’re utilizing it as such (mag pouches and miscellaneous accessories with MOLLE attachments), it’s not intended to be warn inside belt loops? It then is just a minimalist “war” belt if you will?
View Quote

@mr2143

Correct. It's a two-piece belt system. There's an inner belt that you wear inside the belt loops, with velcro all along it on the outside. Then there's the outer belt with the molle webs where you actually attach your pouches, which has velcro all along the inner side.

You wear the inner belt inside the belt loops on your pants, and then the outer belt gets worn over top of that and is held in place by the velcro.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 8:50:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Best "inner belt" I've used has been from EMDOM USA

The only issue is balancing an inner belt as part of your EDC that is still capable of serving as CCW/gun belt as a stand-alone.  I haven't found one yet that is really stiff enough for all-day EDC wear with a CCW, but the Emdom version comes pretty close.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:11:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Blue Alpha Gear. Pay the extra $10 to upgrade the inner belt. Love mine. Use the inner belt for my everyday carry. It’s great too.
View Quote

With BAG, if you upgrade to the EDC inner belt, is this the one you get?... BAG Low Profile EDC belt

If so, that seems like a good deal but it doesn't look like it has much if any Velcro on the outside to lock in with the outer belt?

If not, what belt or improvements is the extra $10 getting you?
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:27:02 AM EDT
[#15]
You can actually use the inner Velcro belt as your regular belt then throw on your BB when you need it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:19:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

With BAG, if you upgrade to the EDC inner belt, is this the one you get?... BAG Low Profile EDC belt

If so, that seems like a good deal but it doesn't look like it has much if any Velcro on the outside to lock in with the outer belt?

If not, what belt or improvements is the extra $10 getting you?
View Quote

That’s it. It actually has Velcro all the way around. I like that it has the plastic buckle to cinch it down. I can take a pic of mine this evening.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:25:12 PM EDT
[#17]
I have an HTC that I've run for years. Held up great.

I just got a bison belt in that I'm going to try out when I get home from this rotation.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:26:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You can actually use the inner Velcro belt as your regular belt then throw on your BB when you need it.
View Quote

I was trying to figure out what the actually difference was between the standard inner belt and the upgraded EDC belt but I figured it out. The EDC belt has a buckle and the standard is just an overlap design. Looks like Blue Alpha is the way ;-)

Now I just have to decide on color? I'm not "tactical" in the least. I was going to get the Black just because that's my go to color for gun related stuff and then get Multicam Black TACO's from HSGI (just cause I like the look of MC Black) but the wolf grey is more lowpro?
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:28:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
That’s it. It actually has Velcro all the way around. I like that it has the plastic buckle to cinch it down. I can take a pic of mine this evening.
View Quote

I'm assuming this is it...

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:58:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Yup. It’s very rigid. It holds my Range Officer Champion LW 45 ACP very well.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:04:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Esstac Shooters belt is hands down the best value.  Made in USA, tough, durable, professional grade stuff.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:30:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Love my Blue Alpha belt
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 2:59:48 PM EDT
[#23]
I like my Blue Alpha Gear.

One of the issue I had when I was looking to buy a tactical belt was the sizing. I wanted to make sure that I didn't wait weeks and weeks only to receive an incorrect sizing and I believe some companies might not even allow you to return it if you get the sizing wrong.  When I went to order the Blue Alpha Gear the sizing was very simple, they just go by your pant size and have enough adjustment in them to go up or down a full pant size (in case you lose or gain wait at some point).   So, the sizing was a big thing that won me over.  

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 6:16:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

One of the issue I had when I was looking to buy a tactical belt was the sizing. I wanted to make sure that I didn't wait weeks and weeks only to receive an incorrect sizing and I believe some companies might not even allow you to return it if you get the sizing wrong.  When I went to order the Blue Alpha Gear the sizing was very simple, they just go by your pant size and have enough adjustment in them to go up or down a full pant size (in case you lose or gain wait at some point).   So, the sizing was a big thing that won me over.  
View Quote

I do like that as well. With some other brands that only do small, medium, large, etc., I fall right on the edge between one size or another.

Once I pick a color I will be placing my order with BA
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 3:09:39 PM EDT
[#25]
What's everyone's thoughts on a 2"inner with 1.75" outer?

more sturdy ?
https://www.ronintactics.com/store/p181/Shto_Belt.html

Link Posted: 2/24/2021 3:20:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
What's everyone's thoughts on a 2"inner with 1.75" outer?

more sturdy ?
View Quote
That's what I've been looking at...

I don't think the extra .25" is necessarily "more sturdy" but having a 2" belt and a 2" Safariland UBL should mean that outboard flexing of the bottom of your holster during a draw will be minimized.

This is apparently a real concern, since I've seen people add thigh straps near the bottom of the UBL (or whatever mounting plate the holster is on) to prevent it.
(I hate thigh straps).

Safariland sells belt loops that are 1.75" but most have no/little drop. I want one of the UBLs (probably mid-ride or low) so it'll reliably clear my armor, but I don't really want to use a 2" UBL with spacers to adapt it to a 1.75" belt because I'm concerned about outboard flex.

AFAIK Safariland doesn't offer a 1.75" UBL. (Alternatives are spacer options, or something like this: https://wildertactical.com/products/modified-safariland-ubl?variant=32010706419806)

I'm planning to add QLS like I run now. I love having QLS on everything.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:13:50 AM EDT
[#27]
2" inners have issues fitting in normal pants loops. Unless you got the button belt loops like Brits and Canadians do, go with a 1.5" inner and either a 1.65 or 2" outer belt. Also note, 2" outer belts may require special hardware to attach unless it's made for a LE duty belt. Soft mounts not withstanding
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:28:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Of those I would say BAG.
I have one of their hybrid cobra belts, even tho I eventually chose the Kore Essential for edc, the BAG is an impressive bit of gear.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 2:08:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I do like that as well. With some other brands that only do small, medium, large, etc., I fall right on the edge between one size or another.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BA also offers lifetime resizing. So if you lose or gain a huge amount of weight and the 4 inch adjust doesn't work, just send it in and they will use your existing Cobra buckle and make you a new belt. I am very pleased with my BA belt. The inner is great too and I wear it often as an EDC belt.

If you want to have a different color inner belt, just put it in the order comments. I got a Multicam belt, but wanted a Coyote inner belt for daily wear.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 1:29:32 PM EDT
[#30]
@airgunner Well, did you decide on color and order? You won't be disappointed!  Be sure to check out the 2 threads that cavgunner posted above. You will find yourself tweaking and adding to it and spend entirely too much money. I love mine and as usual, this site has cost me too damn much money

Blue Alpha MOLLE, Esstac pouches, Ragnarok light bearing holster. NAR ROO ifak (soon to be upgrades to BFG Micro TKN! (Much easier to sit in a vehicle)  
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/6/2021 3:13:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Grey Ghost System is nice.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 2:35:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Want to put together a basic, general purpose gun belt. Call it whatever but I will be using it for range, training, comps and SHTF if need be.

Basically looking for a 2 belt system (1.5" inner with 1.75 outer belt) and Molle compatible

Here are a few of the belts I'm looking at:

VTAC Raze

Blue Alpha

Safe Life Defense Tactical belt < A little wider then the other options

Any major reason to go with one of them over the others? Any others I should be considering?
View Quote

Does anyone make a belt like the blue alpha that doesn’t need the inner belt?  

I like the outter belt but I prefer my current edc belt. I want basically a blue alpha belt that I just put on over my edc belt like the old battle belt setups.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 11:19:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
@airgunner Well, did you decide on color and order?
View Quote

Yup, went safe and ordered the Black one. I seriously considered going with the grey but for some reason with guns and gun accessories, whenever I deviate from black I almost always end up regretting it.

Still need to order a holster and mag holders. Going Safariland ALS/QLS for the holster and HSGI tacos in Multicam black for the mag carriers.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 11:43:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Forget the MOLLE on the outer belt. Velcro OneWrap has made it obsolete. I have the $175 BAG Double Belt combo and if I had to do it all over again I would just go with the Estaac Shooter's Belt.

Example of why I don't need the MOLLE on the outer belt:

Attachment Attached File

After pouch installation with OneWrap, everything is stuck to everything. The inner surface of the outer belt will be a continuous run of hook-side Velcro.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 11:46:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 11:50:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Does anyone make a belt like the blue alpha that doesn’t need the inner belt?  

I like the outter belt but I prefer my current edc belt. I want basically a blue alpha belt that I just put on over my edc belt like the old battle belt setups.
View Quote

@AIWB

Just get a HSGI Micro Grip Belt Panel Liner. I attaches to an outer belt and you can just throw it on over your clothes. I run my BAG setup this way 90% of the time as it is truly "grab-n-go".

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 11:56:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Latest version of my rig. Remember, nothing pictured is mounted on the outer MOLLE rows  and I could grab any two pouches and do pull ups off of them.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/7/2021 2:25:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Forget the MOLLE on the outer belt. Velcro OneWrap has made it obsolete. I have the $175 BAG Double Belt combo and if I had to do it all over again I would just go with the Estaac Shooter's Belt.
View Quote

Well I already ordered the belt so... but thanks for the heads up one the OneWrap. I'll have to look into that.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 3:33:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Well I already ordered the belt so... but thanks for the heads up one the OneWrap. I'll have to look into that.
View Quote

Here is the place to get it:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VELCRO-Brand-ONE-WRAP-Strap-Double-Sided-1-X-12ft-4-yards-Coyote-Brown/264176100221?hash=item3d821f637d:g:bMsAAOSwlThcVSSy
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 3:36:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Esstac
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 4:14:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Damn you guys suck.  Just added the Blue Alpha and inner belt as well as the ESSTAC shooter's belt.  Sadly, I have enough pouches to play with...also need to start using that big ass roll of one-wrap...

ROCK6
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 4:43:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 7:08:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

@AIWB

Just get a HSGI Micro Grip Belt Panel Liner. I attaches to an outer belt and you can just throw it on over your clothes. I run my BAG setup this way 90% of the time as it is truly "grab-n-go".

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20210109_011037472_jpg-1855810.JPG
View Quote

Awesome!  Thank you!  So I can use this with any outter belt?  Or just the HSGI?
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 9:50:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Awesome!  Thank you!  So I can use this with any outter belt?  Or just the HSGI?
View Quote

@AIWB

Most outer belts are lined with hook and some are lined with loop. HSGI makes the Micro Grip Belt Panel in both flavors to accommodate all Velcro lined outer belts.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 10:01:33 PM EDT
[#45]
OST
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 12:43:41 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

@AIWB

Most outer belts are lined with hook and some are lined with loop. HSGI makes the Micro Grip Belt Panel in both flavors to accommodate all Velcro lined outer belts.
View Quote

Awesome. Once again, many thank yous.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 1:04:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Anyone running a Ronin Senshi or TF belt as a general purpose belt?

I was originally looking at the Ronin, but I would need to order their 1.5 inner belt separately due to fitment issues with the 2" inner belt.

not to sound cheap, but that pushes the cost up over 250.00.

I'm also kind of concerned about their fitment. I fall right between the medium and large @ 40" So if I order the large will there be enough adjustment or do I order the medium and hope for the best.
I did try reaching out to Ronin, but never got a reply

I see a lot of guys here like the Blue Alpha, so how do they compare.

I do like like their simplistic sizing system, if your pants size is this.... order this.

Link Posted: 3/8/2021 3:16:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Another vote for Esstac.

I use my velcro inner belt as an everyday belt, it's very comfortable and I usually carry in my Clutch belt so the flatness is nice. I also got a Wilder Tactical pad for when it's doing bump in the night duty. When I run in competitions I use the inner/outer belt combo because it's stiffer and feels lighter.

Also, Esstac pouches are the absolute best.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 3:52:49 PM EDT
[#49]
For regular pants, I love my Oakley belt (cobra buckle).  For range stuff, I have a HSG (inner and outer) belt and they have held up extremely well.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 12:53:05 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Example of why I don't need the MOLLE on the outer belt:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20210107_024836659_jpg-1855803.JPG

After pouch installation with OneWrap, everything is stuck to everything. The inner surface of the outer belt will be a continuous run of hook-side Velcro.
View Quote

What is that holster attachment?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top