Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2020 11:20:47 AM EDT
One thing that's always bothered me about the PS90 magazines is the lack of metal feed lips and that the bullets fall out so easily with the slightest bump. Without the dust caps on this will most likely happen when running with them in a pouch after only a few steps. All of my factory magazines have come with dust covers, but I don't want to ruin any of them so I'm looking to buy extras to rivet them to the flap of my pouches. I see FNH made pouches with covers already attached at some point, but they don't seem to be made anymore as far as I can tell. I think this is the best solution to get the covers off quickly when doing a rapid reload. Just pull open the flap and the cover comes with it.

Now I read someone saying "you can just get covers at Home Depot." in a thread one time. I'm not sure what hardware store item they're talking about, but if someone else could chime in about what it is, I'd really appreciate it. If nobody can tell me about that, how about a source for other PS90 dust caps, factory or not.

The FNH pouches that seem to no longer be made.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 12:05:16 PM EDT
[#1]
  If nobody can tell me about that, how about a source for other PS90 dust caps, factory or not.  
View Quote
Several years ago, some people were claiming that Copenhagen lids would work well for this purpose.

I had a friend who was big into dip.  Unfortunately, he passed away before I could get any of those lids to experiment with.

I have Blackhawk mag pouches.  They could use some thing like this.

Surely some one out there has experience with this.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 4:32:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Several years ago, some people were claiming that Copenhagen lids would work well for this purpose.

I had a friend who was big into dip.  Unfortunately, he passed away before I could get any of those lids to experiment with.

View Quote
Thanks, but I don't chew tobacco and I think I want something that has a little more quality than a throw away lid.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 4:38:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Well I found this, but I don't have a 3D printer.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2847255
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 12:33:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Well I found this, but I don't have a 3D printer.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2847255
View Quote
great find
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 9:04:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
Copenhagen lid is substantially to large diameter wise
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 11:02:28 PM EDT
[#6]
the past view ps90 mags i got have come with a black, plastic dust cap cover
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top