Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2024 1:23:58 PM EDT
I am looking to get rid of my FP PEQ-15 and replace it with something better and serviceable.  What are my options?  Would like to stay around $3k.
VP
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 1:33:01 PM EDT
[#1]
NGAL, Wilcox, MAWL?
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 1:42:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By voodochild:
NGAL, Wilcox, MAWL?
View Quote

Where can I get an NGAL for only $3k, and without being LEO?
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 5:29:16 PM EDT
[#3]
MAWL C1 (I'd buy them used but YMMV)

It's not perfect but the ergonomics are fundamentally superior and the illuminator performance is functionally better due to its clarity.

I'm in the process of ditching my PEQ15s...They're good to go but once you get used to a MAWL it's tough to go back.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 7:51:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10-8DoWork] [#4]
The "serviceable" requirement makes it tough. If you can tough it out, I might wait to see what this year brings for new lasers. There might be something on par with your PEQ15 at half the price of a MAWL.

Don't forget to add the DBAL D2 to the list. They used to be a great value but the price keeps climbing.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 8:10:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 8:49:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I really hope to see more options in the future and hope the cost comes down on these. It’s insane that any of these cost 3k plus.

I’ll stick with my D2 for a while. We’ve done several comparisons on the range and the D2 has a better illuminator than 99% of the FP peqs I’ve seen and isn’t enough of a difference to justify the cost of any other civilian (serviceable) option.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 1:32:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sheepdog697] [#7]
My vote is the MAWL for performance and controls.  I just sold a c1+ for 2750 with the triple click to give you an idea on used market prices (probably shouldnt have sold it).

Needed the cash to fund a RH25, but so far to date that has been my favorite LAM.  

Ive owned Perst 3, Steiner D2, MAWL, FP Peq15, and a LS321G for reference.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top