Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2021 9:05:07 PM EDT
I saw this posted in other forums here, but though it would be better here.  

I have a similar situation with ultimately the same question.   Any recommendations?

Quoted:
If one were to be replacing a Millet 3X9X44 on a Ruger 10/22 Target with a Mueller 8.5-25X50 .   Both scopes  are 1 inch tubes.  

I would like recommendations for silver scope rings that mount to Ruger standard 10/22 bases and would be of an appropriate height for this optic.  

Given that neither the gun nor the optics are very expensive, I would like to use rings that would be in an appropriate price range, of around $100 or less.

Scope : Mueller 8.5-2550 AO Eraticator (Silver)
https://muelleroptics.com/products/mueller-8-5-25x50-eraticator-silver/

Rifle :  Ruger 10/22 Target
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51116029096_05cf2ac465.jpg

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/4/2021 7:59:16 PM EDT
[#1]
The "best" would of course be the Burris rings w/ the inserts to let you adjust/add/remove MOA in any direction so you can be closer to mechanical zero.

Other than that, whatever Weaver rings, etc. you want really, blue vs black vs silver is a fashion choice only you can decide on (I'd rather have better rings w/ mis-matched finish than something that looks good).  With the 50mm objective, you will need extra-tall rings.

If you don't go with the Burris rings, consider adding a 10 (or more) MOA mount if you intend to shoot out to 100 yards and beyond (bowling pins and silhouette rams at 200 yards are fun with rimfire - almost like artillery)

Link Posted: 5/5/2021 7:24:52 AM EDT
[#2]

On my 10/22 "T" model I have medium rings with a 6x18 50 scope and it's about the perfect height
pic here
http://www.wtv-zone.com/SgtRock/The10-22s.jpg

Link Posted: 5/5/2021 4:01:18 PM EDT
[#3]
With that much magnification, you will need the Burris Signature Zee Weaver-Style Rings mentioned above and at least a 20 MOA rail.   I have the EGW 20 MOA.   I think you can get the rail in silver, but I think the Burris rings are only in Black.   The higher the magnification the less vertical MOA adjustment you have in a scope.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 5:04:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Ditch the Ruger base and install an extended Picatinny base.  Pick whatever height rings or QD mount you need after that.

I have an RDS mounted on the front of this rail, but don't have any pictures.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 12:15:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Burris Signature Zee 1" Rings - you might be able to squeak by with Medium (#420522 in Nickel) with 0.77" height to centerline but likely you'll want High (#420532 in Nickel) with 0.92" height to centerline especially if you're putting lens caps on it.  Should be able to find a set for $30-40.  I've got one with a Nikon 40mm objective mounted in Medium rings so going to 50mm is almost certainly going to need High.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 1:01:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Wow.   This is good input.   Thank you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top