Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2018 2:52:44 AM EDT
I have been carrying the same CRKT folder for some time now and want to up my EDC knife game. I am looking for a smaller blade in a horizontal sheath that conceals well. Lets put the price point at or below $100. I carry a glock RH at about 4'clock and a mag LH at about 5'clock. Wanting to carry the knife LH in front of the mag. Hope that makes sense.......

Thanks for any suggestions,

Dave
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 3:41:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Kabar tdi.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 8:30:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I rather like my CRKT Obake when I'm looking to carry a smaller knife.

Esee 4 in an Armatus Carry sheath is my near daily carry though. If that's a bit big, esee 3/izula would be another great option.

I generally carry a Benchmade 175bk on the left side, and then I'll carry the crkt/Esee on the right side at like 12:30. Plenty comfortable, even with a gut.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 10:24:20 AM EDT
[#3]
RAT3, ESEE3, ESEE4, F1...  pick your poison...
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 11:28:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
RAT3, ESEE3, ESEE4, F1...  pick your poison...
View Quote
Yup. And then I'd recommend Armatus Carry for the Esee's or send the knife/have it sent to ANR Design for the RAT and Fallkniven. Got a Charles Sauer (similar to this one) that's with them currently, that'll likely replace both the Esee and CRKT once it gets back.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 9:10:52 PM EDT
[#5]
For $120 you can get a Guardian 3 in N690. A nice little carry knife in a good steel.

+1 to the Armatus sheath.

link
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 9:15:29 PM EDT
[#6]
SOCP dagger, Spartan CQB, Hardcore Hardware ASOT-1 ot -2

Bastinelli Sin or Picoeur
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 11:54:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the Micrarta handled version which I really like, but this lightweight version is slightly over your budge yet a very good EDC.  Spyderco Perrin Street Beat (lightweight):

ROCK6
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 2:22:21 AM EDT
[#8]
For a bit more look at a Bark River JX4 or JX6 or LT Wright Jessmuk C.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 4:13:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Wait can we clarify is this for general knife tasks or self defense/weapon retention? Also I don't know what your clocks look like but for me 5 o'clock would not be left hand side. General knife tasks I would go esse izula. Self defense I would go tdi In custom kydex ditch the factory seath
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 5:17:45 AM EDT
[#10]
ESEE 3 here for years iwb, perfect
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 6:59:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
For a bit more look at a Bark River JX4 or JX6 or LT Wright Jessmuk C.
View Quote
Yeah, BRKT JX4 is another good option, but as mentioned, requires a little more budget...

ROCK6
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 8:48:22 AM EDT
[#12]
I'll do some googling on the names given, thanks guys.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 8:53:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Wait can we clarify is this for general knife tasks or self defense/weapon retention? Also I don't know what your clocks look like but for me 5 o'clock would not be left hand side. General knife tasks I would go esse izula. Self defense I would go tdi In custom kydex ditch the factory seath
View Quote
I think if you are a southpaw, the clock works counter-clockwise.

So, 5 o'clock is the same as 7 o'clock for us right handers.

I ain't saying it's correct terminology, but I understand what he means.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 12:03:18 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote
Can you do a brief review on the JX4? I’m interested in one of those...
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 11:10:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Can you do a brief review on the JX4? I’m interested in one of those...
View Quote
The designer, Chris Tanner, is a very opinionated dude when it comes to knives.  It was a collaboration with Shane Wink.  I can't give much of a review as it's back home and I'm in Afghanistan, but here's Chris' design explanation and review...

The JX4 BushBat Is Here! (Bark River Built) - Preparedmind101

I will add that I've picked up an IWB Kydex sheath and carry it on my weak side (in front of my magazine pouch) for weak-side draw in a reverse grip. Size is excellent for discreet carry.  I know many don't care for the pommel finger ring and it really comes done to user-comfort.  While I'm not a trainer for karambit use, this can be used as such.  I do like the reverse grip feel and have done some training with a knife used in that method.  I've found I appreciate and like knives with the finger-ring pommel as they make for quick indexing.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 10:21:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks. I’ll be picking one up soon.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 10:50:13 PM EDT
[#17]
I like the spyderco jump master 2
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 11:12:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
ESEE 3 here for years iwb, perfect
View Quote
This or isula II.  I like to carry isula in the summer, esee 3 in winter.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 6:13:46 PM EDT
[#19]
ESEE laser strike?
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 11:44:55 PM EDT
[#20]
How big you wanna go? I like my Benchmade Azeria for a weak hand fixed blade. I still want one of the pretty micarta handled Spyderco Street Beats though...
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 2:06:11 AM EDT
[#21]
I carry an ESEE Izula horizontally cross draw in a Dark Star Gear belt wrap sheath.  I've been running this for a couple years with no complaints
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 8:36:28 PM EDT
[#22]
This was the first one to interest me in a while, and the horizontal sheath design looks great...

https://www.bladehq.com/item--Boker-Arbolito-El-H-roe-Fixed-Blade--25087
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top