Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2021 1:12:07 PM EDT
Anybody have one I can use as a template?  Selling a MG to someone out of state and need to make sure I'm doing first stamp correctly.  Dealer hasn't done too many transfers from an individual to himself on f4 so looking for a reference as far as what blocks a SOT can skip.  i.e. do they have to do LEO notification etc?  

Link Posted: 2/15/2021 1:23:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anybody have one I can use as a template?  Selling a MG to someone out of state and need to make sure I'm doing first stamp correctly.  Dealer hasn't done too many transfers from an individual to himself on f4 so looking for a reference as far as what blocks a SOT can skip.  i.e. do they have to do LEO notification etc?  

View Quote

Not to be a smart-ass, but have you tried reading the instructions? They explain pretty clearly the boxes to be filled or not and cover CLEO
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 4:01:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Never understood why everyone gets so rude/defensive/unwilling to help people unfamiliar with NFA forms. Send me an email OP, I'll help you out.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 4:14:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Never understood why everyone gets so rude/defensive/unwilling to help people unfamiliar with NFA forms. Send me an email OP, I'll help you out.
View Quote

I never understood why people don't read instructions. Kinda like asking "where's Davenport?" when you're holding the map in your hands.
What this forum needs is a really good "How to" on filling out Form 1's, Form 4's and all that stuff.

Oh....wait. But no one has time to read all that.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 8:23:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Well, I asked a favor and anyone didn't want to offer assistance they could have just click "back" read something else.  

Receiving dealer said "not on form 3?  I don't know how to do it" which, I give him credit he was honest enough to say he'd never done a form 4 to his business.  I talked to him for awhile and he's a new shop that mostly does silencers from distributors, so he's used to form 3>him>form 4 to customer.  Anything out of that pipeline he hasn't done yet.  Nice guy and I appreciate him being upfront with me instead of us having a problem later.  I suppose I could have just told him to read the instructions.

I'm capable enough of reading instructions; I've also been doing government forms long enough to know there are nuances & unwritten gotchas on many of them...thus the request for a copy of a recently completed F4>SOT.    

Link Posted: 2/16/2021 10:09:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wasn’t rude/defensive/unwilling, in fact I was helpful as I pointed out the instructions answer his questions. I do not have a template form though.

Here is some more help, if the FFL does not know how and is unwilling to help, get another FFL. Trouble ahead.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:29:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:54:52 AM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

Wow, that's great.  Thank you! I ended up figuring it out the long way but that's a great tool.  Going to pass that along to the new dealer on the receiving end.

Now anyone else who has a similar question can search & find that same info, use the silencershop tool, and avoid unnecessary pontifications about reading obscure & misleading instructions.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 2:51:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm assuming the FFL has a SOT because we are discussing it here.

All that needs to be done is the Form 4, the first page only.  No signatures, fingerprint cards, etc, are required from the dealer to send the form out.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 4:19:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:14:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
SOT is not required for transfers using a form 4.
View Quote

SOT don't need to do a Form 4 when doing a FFL/SOT to FFL/SOT transfer (they use a Form 3).
However this is from a individual and they have to use a Form 4 to transfer to a FFL/SOT. This is true when FFL/SOT sells to individual.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 8:51:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:09:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:54:10 PM EDT
[#13]

Sorry if I wasn't clear.
I know the form 3 is not involved since it is a individual to FFL. I tend to write more than needed which is confusing.

Also I did miss read/understood his comment, and I can see how my writing was poorly worded. I wasn't trying to dispute him.
His comment is right about F4 not needing SOT. SOT applies to doing Form 3s between both parties having SOT so they don't have to pay the taxes upon transfer. It didn't help that I meant the 2 comments to be seperate. The F4 comments didn't mean to imply SOT was needed.

I just did a Form 4 about 4 months ago and have done many eForm 3 so I do know a bit about the rules. Once again sorry for the confusion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top