Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2023 5:33:09 AM EDT
I've just gotten my RC2 and would like to start running it on my 25...  Does Surefire make a SOCOM mount for 3/4 -24 threads?  I see that they have one for a .338 with 3/4 - 24 threads but not sure if that would fit on the RC2.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 5:55:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 8:17:47 AM EDT
[#2]
IIRC the .338lapua one is different, it uses a shoulder. You need one marked for the SR-25 (it indexes off the muzzle, like an AK), and I think Surefire still makes them in batches but not often. Have you called to ask?
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 10:49:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
IIRC the .338lapua one is different, it uses a shoulder. You need one marked for the SR-25 (it indexes off the muzzle, like an AK), and I think Surefire still makes them in batches but not often. Have you called to ask?
View Quote

Gotcha..  Didn't realize it indexed off the muzzle...  I have not called but that is a great idea.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 3:35:50 PM EDT
[#4]
They don't make them often because they must be ordered in batches of 50 by dealers and it's one of the lowest volume items they sell. So just hope you sign up for alerts everywhere and wait. You could buy on gunbroker for more tho if you can't wait.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 5:46:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep, they do not make them anymore unless someone puts in a decent size quantity. If you keep tabs you can find one in a few days. Of all places i found one from ebay. It was new; i still had to source out shims.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 3:36:23 PM EDT
[#6]
OP, check your email for a possible source for the sfmb.  

They did also make a 3 prong, but those are unobtainium these days.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 11:17:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Watch GB - they come up from time to time.  I was going to buy one and went in a different direction after getting some range time with a MAMS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top