Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2018 7:19:24 PM EDT
Ok, just bought my 1st PVS-14. Plan on coyote hunting and playing around.

I already have an Inforce WMLx 2nd gen with 400mw IR.

Thinking about buying an OTAL-C and using the Inforce for illumination on an AR. (Have land for night sight in)

Thinking of a Surefire X400V-B-IRC for a Glock 17.

Should I go with this or get something like a DBAL-D2?

Your thoughts?
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 8:21:10 PM EDT
[#1]
If you have the cheddar, get the d2, the illum is great for hunting. I do have a Otal and 620v's, really like having a separate white light. Invest in a TAPS switch from TNVC too.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 8:29:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Money for money and usefulness for usefullness an RMR or similar red dot on a pistol is better NV use. Or at least in my limited opinion, rds pistols are the future.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 9:42:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Get an optic for your pistol and an IR light.

There's an ital on the ee. I have two itals.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 11:10:54 PM EDT
[#4]
The OTAL or ITAL will serve you well. Both are solid and wont let you down. Not to mention the cost and weight savings.

If you've really got the cheddar, buy a MAWL you won't be disappointed.

For the pistol, get a red dot. Seriously, it's the tits for night shooting.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 2:48:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Get a D2 for your rifle which IMHO is the best bang for your buck since used ones go for @ 900 or below. As for your G17 having a RDS is definitely a great option, but if you never trained with one trying to find the dot under NODs will be very frustrating. Developing a natural point of aim is crucial with a RDS mounted on a pistol I use both a RMR 06 mounted on my G19 and a SF X400V-IR-B. Having used both IMHO they are both viable systems. With the RDS you have to continuously train with it to retain muscle memory. With the LAM it mainly critical to learn the switch positions, since its basically point n shoot.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 7:43:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks everybody. The NV section here has a great knowledge base.

Didn't realize the red dots were so popular on pistols. Gives me something to think about.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top