Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2022 7:44:04 PM EDT
My A&D FX-120i arrived today and I am very pleased with it so far.

I do have a couple questions if someone has the time to answer them.

Should I leave the scale on when I'm not using it and will it run accurately with the wind screen removed.

I've been weighing some bullets with the FX-120i & the GemPro 250 and they are the same weight on both scales.

The GemPro is drifting a bit and had to be re-zeroed 5 times before it settled down.  The FX-120i has been flawless.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 8:19:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I leave mine on all the time.

it works with the windshield removed, just be aware of the wind. lol.

My auto trickler for mine is on its way.

Best scale on the market.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 8:32:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I leave mine on all the time.

it works with the windshield removed, just be aware of the wind. lol.

My auto trickler for mine is on its way.

Best scale on the market.
View Quote

I'm becoming a believer real quick.

Glad I spent the extra money.  My GemPro is taking too long to stabilize.

Is your scale grounded?
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 8:53:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Definitely leave it on 24/7.  If you're not going to use it for weeks you can shut it off, but remember to turn it on a day in advance.

You'll get much better stability if you only remove one panel of the screen.

I highly recommend a Tripp-Lite Isobar filtered power strip, both to protect your investment with a surge supressor and to filter out noise on the line (motors, fluorescent lights, etc.)
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 9:05:00 PM EDT
[#4]
The wind screen is to shield the pan from air drafts.  Air currents, even those barely perceptible to your face, will affect the reading.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 9:41:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The wind screen is to shield the pan from air drafts.  Air currents, even those barely perceptible to your face, will affect the reading.
View Quote

It's definitely a very sensitive scale.

I was playing around with the wind screen removed and it temporarily drifted off zero with the slightest movement of my hand.

Unlike my GemPro it came back to zero in a matter of seconds.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 12:26:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:23:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I turn mine off after every use. Just recalibrate everytime you turn it on to use. I don't use the windscreen either. I'm using mine in a cubby hole
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 2:34:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I turn mine off after every use. Just recalibrate everytime you turn it on to use. I don't use the windscreen either. I'm using mine in a cubby hole
View Quote

Oh, so you do use a wind screen, just not the one supplied with the unit.  It's a good idea - better access for your hand (and for the wind).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top