Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2018 11:55:58 PM EDT
Where can I buy Level IV Ceramic 11 x 14 plates?
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 12:00:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Must they be ceramic? Check out veterans manufacturing rifle plates, light as hell
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 12:07:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Price and weight a huge factor?  What are you looking for?
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 12:53:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Anyone who sells SAPI XL size plates would be selling them. I like Esstac, they have pretty good deals on the 3610 which I really like. There is also AT armor, and they sell all kinds of really good plates. However the question I have to ask is do you really think you will be in a situation where you are likely to go up against a M2AP round or something of that armor piercing capability?
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 1:11:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Must they be ceramic? Check out veterans manufacturing rifle plates, light as hell
View Quote
They don't make a 11x14 III/III+/Rifle plate that I'm aware of. They list them as available sizes, but not sure where the link is to buy on their website?
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 1:49:30 AM EDT
[#5]
You could reach out tothem and check, some items may not be on the webpage
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 2:12:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You could reach out tothem and check, some items may not be on the webpage
View Quote
They're not really happy with me :D
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 2:18:15 AM EDT
[#7]
I got a set from HighCom 11x14 SAPI to cover my parts

Maybe look at them?
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 8:50:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I got a set from HighCom 11x14 SAPI to cover my parts

Maybe look at them?
View Quote
I second this.  I have a set from them; they are a tad heavy but I love em!
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 9:09:26 PM EDT
[#9]
They not like your review, Buffman?
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 6:41:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
They not like your review, Buffman?
View Quote
I emailed them asking their thoughts about certain ammo tests beforehand, they told me their plate probably wouldn't stop it. Seeing is believing, so I tested them anyways. They didn't seem very happy with that..
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 1:24:52 AM EDT
[#11]
SHTF, London Bridge Carrier, Multicam. Close to 3/4 off the price of the top Plate Carrier from London Bridge. All stuff bought on Black Friday Big sale.  Tactical Assault gear Molle mag pistol and M4 Mag pouch and Mag pouches for my battle belt. I am Ex LEO, SHTF setup, Better to have it like a spare tire and not need it and not have it and DIE.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 1:33:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Price and weight a huge factor?  What are you looking for?
View Quote
What's your price range? Weight you would like to be around?

These are about the best you'll get but they are $1,025 each.
https://store.atarmor.com/AT_Armor_Special_Threat_Optimized_STOP_BZ_IP_Plate_p/at-stop-bz.htm

If you don't need lvl4 take a look at these lll+ by RMA. Multi hit rated for what you will actually see in a SHTF event and only $299 each and 5.6#
https://rmadefense.com/product/level-iii-multi-curve-small-extra-large-nij-07-tested/
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 4:52:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Money is not really thought about. This is a one time buy. I have one 10x12 Level 4 Ceramic plate. I have 6.4 tall and 284 weight. and 52 yrs old. I want a 11x14 to cover vital areas. I weighed 30lbs less while I was a LEO and my level 3 covered more or my stomach. I would like to get two Level four ceramic and the lightest weight that I cam buy. Or one 11x14 on my chest and put my 10x12 on my back. not sure?
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 4:56:08 PM EDT
[#14]
How many people use Trauma pads under their Plates?
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 6:12:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Money is not really thought about. This is a one time buy. I have one 10x12 Level 4 Ceramic plate. I have 6.4 tall and 284 weight. and 52 yrs old. I want a 11x14 to cover vital areas. I weighed 30lbs less while I was a LEO and my level 3 covered more or my stomach. I would like to get two Level four ceramic and the lightest weight that I cam buy. Or one 11x14 on my chest and put my 10x12 on my back. not sure?
View Quote
I'm sorry but it's kind of hard to understand what you're saying.  Do you think a lvl 3 plate is a different size than a lvl 4?  What you are looking for is a X-large SAPI plate.  If money is no issue than look at the AT Armor plate I linked above. Stops everything except a 30.06 AP round but chances of someone having those in SHTF scenario is almost nil.  They are very light and thin. Honestly I would look at the RMA plates I listed above. Very light at 5.6# each and will cover every threat you would likely encounter.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 6:38:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Honestly I would look at the RMA plates I listed above. Very light at 5.6# each and will cover every threat you would likely encounter.
View Quote
The RMA III+ multi-curve plates are new. The 11x14 is 5.66lbs and they have been tested by a NIJ lab to the upcoming NIJ .07 standard and passed. They defeated the m855, 7.62×39 Mild Steel Core and the .308 M80 NATO round
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 8:08:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
How many people use Trauma pads under their Plates?
View Quote
That's a thing people with steel plates do that makes their plates thicker and heavier. If you're using a stand alone plate no reason to use a trauma pad.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 8:44:21 PM EDT
[#18]
I was just asking and didn't know if I need the Trauma pads to use behind Ceramic Plates.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 11:41:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I was just asking and didn't know if I need the Trauma pads to use behind Ceramic Plates.
View Quote
If they're standalone, then no you don't need them, but it's not like they won't help.
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 2:44:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Wanted to add that there is a group buy running on Primary and Secondary forums for HESCO plates. Good time to jump in on 11 x 14 i.e. XL as the bigger you go, the pricier it gets.
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 9:32:41 AM EDT
[#21]
I have this incredibly strong feeling you are getting level III+ and level 3a mixed up. I also have this incredible feeling you may want level III+ armor and not level IV. I also have this strong feeling you have not used hard armor and are used to soft armor covering you lower abs that flexes vs a plate that does not.

Let me ask these questions... what specific rounds are you wanting your armor to stop? Please be specific.

What weight is acceptable to you per plate?

What max price is acceptable to you?

How important is comfort?

Will the plates be worn alone or on top of soft armor?

We can guide you better with those questions answered. Keep in mind your armor plates could cost $200 to $3,000 depending on your answers.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 11:03:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

https://store.atarmor.com/AT_Armor_Special_Threat_Optimized_STOP_BZ_IP_Plate_p/at-stop-bz.htm

If you don't need lvl4 take a look at these lll+ by RMA. Multi hit rated for what you will actually see in a SHTF event and only $299 each and 5.6#
https://rmadefense.com/product/level-iii-multi-curve-small-extra-large-nij-07-tested/
View Quote
I'm still learning, so forgive me.  Those level 3+ multi curve SAPIs fit in most plate carriers?  That looks like a winner for what I want.  Just not sure what plate carrier to go with.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 11:10:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'm still learning, so forgive me.  Those level 3+ multi curve SAPIs fit in most plate carriers?  That looks like a winner for what I want.  Just not sure what plate carrier to go with.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you're referring to the RMA plates just pick the size you want and find an appropriately sized carrier. Carriers not made for generic 10"x12" or 8"x10" plates will come in SAPI sizes.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 11:11:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most carriers yes. The owner of company has stated they are a very tight fit in a JPC, which is a very tight plate pocket. My Highcom plates are .95" thick and went in hard but I think I could fit RMA in there with some elbow grease. They are on the thicker side but if you went with a Shellback Banshee they would fit with no issue.  Figure out what carrier you want and we can help you figure out if they will fit.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 11:16:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Most carriers yes. The owner of company has stated they are a very tight fit in a JPC, which is a very tight plate pocket. My Highcom plates are .95" thick and went in hard but I think I could fit RMA in there with some elbow grease. They are on the thicker side but if you went with a Shellback Banshee they would fit with no issue.  Figure out what carrier you want and we can help you figure out if they will fit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh yeah, forgot about them being so thick.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 8:43:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thanks for posting these. I've been shopping around for a nice set of SAPI L muti curve plates, the Hesco 3610's were nice but at close to $1k for a set thats way too much for larping plates

These RMA ones look like the ticket, multi curve + sapi sized for $260/plate
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 10:09:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Thanks for posting these. I've been shopping around for a nice set of SAPI L muti curve plates, the Hesco 3610's were nice but at close to $1k for a set thats way too much for larping plates

These RMA ones look like the ticket, multi curve + sapi sized for $260/plate
View Quote
@drago6
What carrier will these be going in?  The JPC is said to be a very hard fit but not impossible.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 10:17:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

@drago6
What carrier will these be going in?  The JPC is said to be a very hard fit but not impossible.
View Quote
First Spear Strandhogg and likely a Perroz Designs rig when I eventually order one
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 10:26:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
First Spear Strandhogg and likely a Perroz Designs rig when I eventually order one
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@drago6
If I were you I would make a thread about that carrier and ask people what plates they run in them.  There are several members that have that carrier.  I'm not sure how tight that plate pocket is but I can almost guarantee it's not as tight as the JPC as it's a minimalist carrier. Better safe than sorry since ya can't return plates. That said you will be very happy with RMA plates.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 3:10:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

If I were you I would make a thread about that carrier and ask people what plates they run in them.  There are several members that have that carrier.  I'm not sure how tight that plate pocket is but I can almost guarantee it's not as tight as the JPC as it's a minimalist carrier. Better safe than sorry since ya can't return plates. That said you will be very happy with RMA plates.
View Quote
Strandhogg is tight. I ran ultra-thin special threat plates with a backer that come out to under an inch and I thought that was perfect. I think if it was over an inch or so, I'd be struggling. The Strandhogg plate pocket is similar to the JPC with stretch.

Also, shameless plug: https://www.sabersolutionsllc.net/collections/armor
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 5:46:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Interesting. So you're saying the JPC is even tighter? I'm not married to the strandhogg and was actually considering a JPC 2.0
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 6:01:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Interesting. So you're saying the JPC is even tighter? I'm not married to the strandhogg and was actually considering a JPC 2.0
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not completely sure. I do know for a fact that a JPC has a very tight plate pocket but does have some stretch to it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 8:48:46 PM EDT
[#33]
If money is no object, get a silicon carbide strike face, not aluminum oxide, get a UHMWPE backer, not aramid, get multicurved, not single curved, and get a real SAPI shaped plate, not a generic random 11x14, also get a standalone plate so you can use it without a backer or soft armor in a plate carrier.

If you want to get more exotic (boron carbide strike face, etc.) you can, but the above should help avoid pitfalls. Really consider if you want level III+ or level IV. Buy an plate made in the USA and that is NIJ certified.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top