Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2021 9:36:12 PM EDT
Trying to help a elderly friend with a Euroarms 1863 J.P. Murray 58 caliber carbine.
Too many worn out parts in the lock to try to hardface weld and reshape. Especially the sear catch.
He is going to call Dixie Gun Works tomorrow but it could take up to a month for them to ship.
Anybody know where to order a trigger and complete lock set?
If not a factory replacement, does somebody make parts better than the factory originals as in heat treated?

This friend was career Army and volunteered for continuous duty in Vietnam.  Almost made it through the third year before being wounded enough to stop him.
He had this carbine playing re-enactor in many movies like Glory and Gettysburg.
So I would like to get it working for him.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 9:47:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Just by looking at the old photos in the old catalog, but i could help noticing it looks close or a possible match to a 1861 Springfield.
maybe the complete lock works could be matched up to that???

worth a look.

Dixie Gun Works would be my first choice. Been inside it is truly an amazing place, I also put dents in my credit card while i am inside there store.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 4:41:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Dixie could not provide any parts or repair when they were the ones that sold the gun.
Found David Stalvo at Lodgewood Manufacturing in Wisconsin.  He seems to be the man for these 1860's reproductions.
Just to let others know who are in the same predicament.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top