Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2017 2:25:57 PM EDT
CAVEAT: this is meant to be a hypothetical, not something to go out and do

Found this on reddit (originally on 4chan reportedly).... edited 4chan talking like 4chan

Attachment Attached File

I don’t believe that this load would work as intended. I see two strong possibilities for failure but will discuss after OP

What says the hive?
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 2:58:20 PM EDT
[#1]
This falls into the "hold my beer" category.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 3:28:17 PM EDT
[#2]
So if it didn't leak into the powder and get it wet(think capsule)... IF the projectile could be cushioned so that it wouldn't break from the sudden(maybe double wadding and nice shot cup), AND hit a hard surface(well anything harder than the average GD gut), it would be a boring wet splatter. now If the projectile was a binary type auto ignition(potassium permanganate and glycerine maybe) it COULD work but bad idea.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 3:38:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So if it didn't leak into the powder and get it wet(think capsule)... IF the projectile could be cushioned so that it wouldn't break from the sudden(maybe double wadding and nice shot cup), AND hit a hard surface(well anything harder than the average GD gut), it would be a boring wet splatter. now If the projectile was a binary type auto ignition(potassium permanganate and glycerine maybe) it COULD work but bad idea.
View Quote
concur.

I don’t believe napalm would ignite.

I see a number of issues. Propellant being the number one. I’d kinda expect to have to put some sort of non soluble seal that the powder would have to burn through in order to ignite. If it did I see it just sticking in the barrel. His Use of 93 octane makes me think he doesn’t understand how gasoline works to boot.

I’d see this working with like a PE crystal inside a capsule or tungsten balls against a hard surface or even a bunch of pieces of flint or something, but not in the config this guy said he loaded.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 6:11:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Famous last words “Hold my beer. Hey y’all watch this”

It may work if you had the sticky goo in a baggie for a capsule or something similar. Ignition without ruining powder would be the biggest problem. Maybe hot glut a piece of cannon fuse into the dry baggie before filling it. Lacquer the fuse to seal it. Put a hole in the wad, put the fuse through touching the powder.

Maybe a fuel capsule with a firecracker for delayed ignition?

I don’t know why anyone would try this that was smart enough to get it to work. So many better options by using a dry flamable.  Magnesium, any pyrotechnics, road flare filler. If someone wants to kill it and grill it at the same time, buy a few dragons breath rounds. It would be neat out of a 40mm. You would have the room for enough fuel and a bursting charge in the projectile.  The legality????  The hazard????  Just to say that you did?
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 4:00:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Famous last words “Hold my beer. Hey y’all watch this”

It may work if you had the sticky goo in a baggie for a capsule or something similar. Ignition without ruining powder would be the biggest problem. Maybe hot glut a piece of cannon fuse into the dry baggie before filling it. Lacquer the fuse to seal it. Put a hole in the wad, put the fuse through touching the powder.

Maybe a fuel capsule with a firecracker for delayed ignition?

I don’t know why anyone would try this that was smart enough to get it to work. So many better options by using a dry flamable.  Magnesium, any pyrotechnics, road flare filler. If someone wants to kill it and grill it at the same time, buy a few dragons breath rounds. It would be neat out of a 40mm. You would have the room for enough fuel and a bursting charge in the projectile.  The legality????  The hazard????  Just to say that you did?
View Quote
I agree with this, magnesium and other exotic metals DRAGONS Breath round would be much more effective.

There is no way I would shoot an auto-igniting mix (Pot Perm & glycerine doesn't ALWAYS ignite, and really is tempermental, hence the ATTEMPTED underwear bomb...) and shooting a true HYPERGOLIC mix would be INSANE.

Too much movie & T.V. as Napalm REALLY needs W.P. to ignite it !!!!

Will
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top