Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2018 1:16:36 AM EDT
Hey guys, need some options /advise.  I’m in the market for some bino nods.  I’m looking for some pros/cons of certain systems and tubes.  I’ll be using them for patrol work, shooting shit and hunting.  I’m using a MAWL and trijicon reap ir thermal with the duals.

My options are: DTNVG, AB night vision RNVG or PVS 15s.  I have an option for 31s but they’re gonna be over my budget.

Also tubes I’m looking at the Photonis 4g echos and L3s.  It’s hard to find good comparisons or personal reviews of the echo tubes.

I like the single articulating pods of the DTNVG and the 15s.  But I also like the ruggedness of the RNVG.  Thanks!!
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 8:57:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Echo tube is like a run of the mill thin filmed for light amplification and resolution where the L3 unfilmed is noticeably better in low light amplification and probably better resolution too. The Echo is better in light polluted environments because it does not really loose resolution in bright conditions, where the L3 is really going to loose detail with too much light. The time you want an Echo tube would be if you drive in a car with dash lights or are in an urban or suburban type area with lots if light pollution. The L3 unfilmed is better for rural, dark nights, under forrest canopy, etc. The Echo is actually not the top tier Photonis tube either, its a second tier tube. Their 4G Intens tubes are the top tier tubes. The L3 2200 tubes are the best L3 tubes you can get at the moment. So what is most important to you? Dealing with very low light, or dealing with very high light environments? The Echo tube is much more resistant to recoil but that is not an issue for goggles. And if you can afford a REAP IR and MAWL it does not sound like you really have any budget limitations other than ones you arbitrarily set. Photonis tubes tend to be more expensive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top