Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2018 9:49:53 AM EDT
OK, I've got a large 9mm suppressor that used to mate to my MP5 (which I stupidly sold).  I mean it is large and heavy.  It took full auto and never flinched.  I also have a lot of 9mm ammo left over.  Getting so I feel like I should have something that shoots 9mm other than a handgun.

Question is - since the suppressor is already a legally owned registered NFA device does that make it legal for me to mount on a SBR specially made for that purpose which is not registered?  I'm guessing no but ya never know.

If not, or in either case, wondering what would be the best 9mm host for it excepting NFA full auto.  Not interested in another Mac11 and MP5s have moved on in price to the point I can't bring myself to pay.

And I do not want a paddle or whatever they call those extension things.  I'll want a true extendable stock.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 9:55:24 AM EDT
[#1]
No.

The gun would still need to be registered as an SBR.

UNLESS you permanently attached the suppressor to the barrel so the total length of the barrel and suppressor is over 16".  This would be the only way to avoid another stamp.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 10:40:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I assembled a DOE host, precisely for that problem.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 10:40:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Bob,  I suspected so,
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top