Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2021 8:49:55 AM EDT
Is there an issue keeping NFA items in an apartment and not locked in a safe?  I recently got a small place temporarily and would like to have my SBR with me, but can't move a safe here.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 9:01:52 AM EDT
[#1]
There are no federal storage requirements for NFA items.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 9:15:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Is there an issue keeping NFA items in an apartment and not locked in a safe?  I recently got a small place temporarily and would like to have my SBR with me, but can't move a safe here.
View Quote
There are small lockable safes, I had one and it was only like $299-399.00...  It would fit in a closet with room to spare.

I would stack several wooden crates of that Russian 7.62x39 in the bottom and a few Dumbbell plates on each side of those to give it enough weight so most thugs looking for a quick smash and grab hopefully wouldn't mess with it.  
It had room for 8-10 rifles no problem and a few pistols in the top of if.

When I moved and bought my current house, I emptied it and took it.  Now it just stores Ammo and a few of my dads Black Power Rifles.  
I have a much bigger safe for my guns, precious metals NFA paperwork and some files. I actually want a 3rd safe but my basement is fairly full crap and I have no good spot for it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 9:17:58 AM EDT
[#3]
No problem, I've done it. Well I did have it locked up though. Small safe or case or something.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 10:24:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are no federal storage requirements for NFA items.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/30/2021 10:27:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I have NFA items and I live in an apartment. My suggestion is keep them in a safe so your apartment management can't access.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 10:33:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have NFA items and I live in an apartment. My suggestion is keep them in a safe so your apartment management can't access.
View Quote

+1

Apartment managers have access to the apartment.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 10:57:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Cable lock through mag and ejection port to something immovable ? Not a safe but better than nothing.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 11:10:16 AM EDT
[#8]
If you decide on something besides a safe, most hardware stores have some kind of tamper resistant screws. If you go with a cable lock, or wall mount, or something, get some large screws that can't be backed out easily and run them into studs.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 11:20:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top