Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/20/2023 7:24:48 PM EDT
I have a question regarding a scenario.  I think I know the answer but would rather not assume.

Customer purchases NFA item (under a trust), files the paperwork and waits for approval.  They get approved and come in and fill out a 4473.  Does there LTC still allow them to skip the NICS check in Texas or does it need to be called in?
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 7:48:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By JTX23:
I have a question regarding a scenario.  I think I know the answer but would rather not assume.

Customer purchases NFA item (under a trust), files the paperwork and waits for approval.  They get approved and come in and fill out a 4473.  Does there LTC still allow them to skip the NICS check in Texas or does it need to be called in?
View Quote

On NFA firearms, ATF will perform the NICS check before they approve the Form.

When you get the approved Form 4, customer will complete and sign the 4473.
You'll check "Other  firearm" on Question 24.
Then record his identification document on Que.26.a.

If he's receiving only an NFA firearm, you'll check Que. 28.

Link Posted: 3/20/2023 8:51:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rrbgeb] [#2]
Yes (but no LTC required). No.      You are already approved
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 9:13:07 PM EDT
[#3]
This is an old letter from the ATF and I realize they change their opinion faster than a windmill spins but this is what got me confused in the case of trusts.

https://www.guntrustlawyer.com/files/2015/02/ATF-13-0574-4473-Trus-tResponse-Letter.pdf
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 10:48:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JTX23:
This is an old letter from the ATF and I realize they change their opinion faster than a windmill spins but this is what got me confused in the case of trusts.

https://www.guntrustlawyer.com/files/2015/02/ATF-13-0574-4473-Trus-tResponse-Letter.pdf
View Quote

That letter was rendered obsolete when 41F became effective in July 2016.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top