Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 12:07:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
That actually looks a lot better, with a can attached.
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 12:11:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I am trying to figure out how the brace comes off just got mine today
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 10:13:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Spill the beans on that barrel!

I just picked one up yesterday, and am looking forward to sending some rounds downrange tomorrow.
The lack of threaded barrel wasn't a deal killer for me, as I don't currently have a can for
9mm.  I had been looking at Zenith's and B&T's. After reading all the hands on experience with MPX, and those that
have actually fired the Copperhead, and decided one would fill the role I plan on using it for quite well.
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 10:20:34 PM EDT
[#4]
My barrel was cut and threaded by Morgan Richie class 3 machining. ILWT also sells barrels.

Quoted:

Spill the beans on that barrel!

I just picked one up yesterday, and am looking forward to sending some rounds downrange tomorrow.
The lack of threaded barrel wasn't a deal killer for me, as I don't currently have a can for
9mm.  I had been looking at Zenith's and B&T's. After reading all the hands on experience with MPX, and those that
have actually fired the Copperhead, and decided one would fill the role I plan on using it for quite well.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 12:52:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Anyone remove the stock yet and how was it done?
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 9:29:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I read somewhere to take the upper off. Punch the roll pins out. Then slide the rods forward and out. I hope a collapsible stock will come available.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 1:50:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Just saw a YouTube video that shows how to do it. You have to remove the rubber bumper which secures the stock release button and spring. Once you remove the bumper and pull the button out the stock will slide right out.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 2:26:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Link? Waiting on my efile now.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 3:41:59 PM EDT
[#9]
https://youtu.be/l6JGhoUb7yw
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 3:58:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Awesome thanks.

Quoted:
https://youtu.be/l6JGhoUb7yw
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 6:39:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Will the Copperhead lower accept regular MPX uppers?

And where is the cheapest? I’m considering this and the -K model.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 8:04:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Will the Copperhead lower accept regular MPX uppers?

And where is the cheapest? I’m considering this and the -K model.
View Quote
Looking closely at both MPX standard and Copperhead lowers, they appear that both uppers will fit on either.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 10:02:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Looking closely at both MPX standard and Copperhead lowers, they appear that both uppers will fit on either.
View Quote
Well it looks like it will fit.

Link Posted: 4/17/2019 9:37:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Looks like the LE/Military Copperhead will be coming available.

https://www.bangersusa.com/product-detail/455580/mpx-copperhead-pistol9mm4-5barrelpcb-bracetimney-triggerblack30-rd
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 10:05:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

http://alaskashooters.com/images/CopperMPX.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://alaskashooters.com/images/CopperMPX.jpg
Yup, finally got an email back from David at Sig. Yes, fully compatible with Gen two uppers
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 3:04:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Just picked up a Mod1 Tailhook brace and swapped it out for the crappy SIG swivel brace.  The SIG brace just screws off and Custom Manufacturing makes a really sweet adapter so you can use a Tailhook.  If you don't want to use the collapsable setup that is very easy to take off as well.  If you separate the upper and lower just unscrew the rubber (nylon?) buffer/bumper and the locking button for the slider just pops out.  You then just pull off the sliding brace.  You are then free to put whatever you want on the rear picatinny rail.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 11:50:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

https://www.bangersusa.com/product-detail/455580/mpx-copperhead-pistol9mm4-5barrelpcb-bracetimney-triggerblack30-rd
View Quote
Now THIS is the MPX I've been waiting for!
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 9:28:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
That looks awesome.  Real question though,  why does the pictured MPX have a brace and a third pin?
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 9:36:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Anyone else notice that some Copperhead pistols have been shipping with a redesigned steel cam pin raceway reinforcement and ejector(guessing on the name here?) as visible from the left hand side?

You can seen an example here:Copperhead
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 9:53:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Anyone else notice that some Copperhead pistols have been shipping with a redesigned steel cam pin raceway reinforcement and ejector(guessing on the name here?) as visible from the left hand side?

View Quote
Interesting a lot different then mine for sure.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 10:23:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
Certainly different than mine.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 10:21:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Handled one of these finally....useless...too short...the brace is uncomfortable....not sure what the appeal is on these things...not sure if I'd take one over carrying a glock and having 33rd backup mags in a pack....
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 12:22:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Anyone who owns one, what kind of carry rig do you have?

I am looking for carrying a shoulderable firearm on long hikes, but need to have my hands free except for manipulating the weapon.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 7:04:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I am looking for carrying a shoulderable firearm on long hikes, but need to have my hands free except for manipulating the weapon.
View Quote
Is a small daypack/backpack out of the question?

Or are you talking about wanting instant access to it, as in a tight sling position?
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 9:32:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Or are you talking about wanting instant access to it, as in a tight sling position?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tight sling would be great, I am already carrying a camelback and I hate having anything near my water.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 10:10:01 PM EDT
[#26]
I have mine in a Vertx commuter sling pack. Works great and is quick access.
Link Posted: 5/19/2019 3:16:57 PM EDT
[#27]
I’m liking mine in a 5.11 sling bag. Very fast access and you can find them for $40 on the website sometimes. Came with a pistol fanny pack too for double duty, if you’re into Fanny packs...
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 9:45:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Received my eform back. I wish I could get a collapsible stock for it.

Link Posted: 5/20/2019 10:00:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Received my eform back. I wish I could get a collapsible stock for it.

http://alaskashooters.com/images/copperheadGray.jpg

http://alaskashooters.com/images/cooperheadgray2.jpg
View Quote
I thought it looked horrid out of the box, but these things actually look pretty slick with some TLC. A real stock and taking the octopus brake off really polish it up quick. That looks nice.
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 2:40:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Does anyone know if the Copperhead will run with 20rd gen 1 mags?
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 2:46:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
Mine runs 20-30 round gen1 mags. I only have 1 gen 2 mag and it came with the gun.
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 3:08:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Thanks tbuck.
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 9:08:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Mine Runs fine with my Gen 1 30 round mags.
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 10:26:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
You should have no issues
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 9:03:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Local shop has these on sale for 1399...…………….may just get one
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 10:13:11 AM EDT
[#36]
That's a great price.
I still prefer the option of running a longer handguard over a suppressor (but I'm sure someone will come up with a solution that locks into the m-lok to make an extension).
For the point of being insanely small, I think this and the Rattler take the cake.
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 12:57:07 PM EDT
[#37]
This looks cool
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 5:45:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 3:40:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Will the Copperhead take MPX barrels?  If so, will Gen 1 MPX barrel work?
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 6:40:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Trying to decide between the copperhead, Scorpion micro and the Stribog....... really like the copperhead
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 10:35:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Finally shot my Copperhead I purchased over a month ago. Very smooth and light recoil impulse. I have a Holosun 507c as a sight and I was able to stay on target at 25 yards through the recoil. I did get consistent jams with a 20rd Gen2 Mag I had put a Springer Precision extension on. Probably need a stronger spring.

Only negative was the upper got extremely hot after firing 3 mags fairly quickly. I had to adjust from a forward hold to a magwell hold.
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 9:39:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Will the Copperhead take MPX barrels?  If so, will Gen 1 MPX barrel work?
View Quote
I confirmed with sig that only gen 2 barrels will fit in the copperhead.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 10:59:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Updated my copperhead.  Added a custom smith tailhook adaptor and a ILWT 3 lug barrel.  After 500 rounds of 124 and 115 grain loads (factory) the gun is starting to function with my 147gr reloads with the suppressor.  I am thinking of having the gas port opened up.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 11:15:14 AM EDT
[#44]
Looks like the black copperheads are showing in stock at all the bigger online retailers.

And of course we are closing on our house next week so funds have never been tighter.
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 12:47:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
My barrel was cut and threaded by Morgan Richie class 3 machining. ILWT also sells barrels.
View Quote
How does it run with that setup?  I was considering buying a 4.5" factory barrel but I'll just send mine out to have it cut and threaded if that's possible.  Did you send the whole barrel and gas block or did you have to remove the barrel?  Does anyone know if Sig cuts the 4.5" barrel with their odd ball threads like the rest of their guns?  I just picked up a Copperhead and absolutely love it!  It shoots very accurate for what it is, and is a blast at the range!
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 10:30:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

How does it run with that setup?  I was considering buying a 4.5" factory barrel but I'll just send mine out to have it cut and threaded if that's possible.  Did you send the whole barrel and gas block or did you have to remove the barrel?  Does anyone know if Sig cuts the 4.5" barrel with their odd ball threads like the rest of their guns?  I just picked up a Copperhead and absolutely love it!  It shoots very accurate for what it is, and is a blast at the range!
View Quote
Runs great. Running an ASR setup with my 9K now. I just send the whole barrel and gas block. Just removed the gas plug.

Link Posted: 8/24/2019 5:03:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Any good options to mount a light on a Copperhead?
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 7:24:20 AM EDT
[#48]
anybody have a chance to shoot what I guess they are calling the copperhead K yet.   Looks like you get the benefit of the copperhead but the longer barrel and handguard of the K model.

Link Posted: 9/25/2019 3:30:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I think they said the "muzzle brake" or whatever is integral. It looks like shit.

But the advances on the lower lower with the integrated latch for the telescoping stock is cool, and definitely an upgrade.
View Quote
I think the whole gun looks like shit.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 3:39:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I think the whole gun looks like shit.
View Quote
To each his own. Mine runs awesome. But I have an MPX SBR as well.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top