Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2019 8:34:44 PM EDT
This thing seriously looks unissued.  The bore looks like a new rifle to me.  The pictures dont do it justice.  The only thing i am not a fan of is the stock disc is not flush or recessed.  I took it off a min ago though and the stock is just cut very shallow for it but the bore looke mint so i have no reason to doubt it's original.  I looked at the stock for signs of sanding but found nothing.  The stock looks pristine.  I paid $550 for the rifle with 4 and a half boxes of privi partizan 139gr ammo.  I know 10 years ago the rifle would have been $150 but i think it was a good buy now.  My first group with it  at 100 yds below.
Everything matches except the cleaning rod.

Link Posted: 1/5/2019 8:48:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Good buy , that is beautiful
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 5:41:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice! I've been hoarding a complete M96 stock set for years thinking I'd come across one that Bubba cut the stock on for cheap.

It's been about 20 years and nothing yet though.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 8:23:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Can you post a picture of the underside of the buttstock behind the triggerguard, there are stamped in that location sometimes.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 9:36:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can you post a picture of the underside of the buttstock behind the triggerguard, there are stamped in that location sometimes.
View Quote
Sure when i get a chance but why?
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 9:53:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 10:10:13 AM EDT
[#6]
These are probably my favorite bolt guns that I own.  Love the caliber and the gun.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 11:52:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That will tell you how many reworks the rifle has had.  Should be crown stamps, or letter and crown stamps.
View Quote
My 1909 M96...didn’t really notice it before

Link Posted: 1/9/2019 10:00:08 AM EDT
[#8]
View Quote
Im gonna try and get a pic of mine tonight.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 11:24:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:57:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Two crowns.

Link Posted: 1/9/2019 9:11:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Sweet Swede!

I have a carbine naval model with that round dial rear sight, and 0 wear on the disc.

15 years and still a safe queen...

shame on me.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 11:11:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Nice score.
That is a really nice Swede Mauser.
The Prvi Partizan 6.5x 55 Match ammo shoots really well out of them if you do not reload.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 11:21:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Beautiful rifle, every time I go to a local gunshow this one guy has a Swede available. I have pondered buying it twice for $750 I think but I just can't get myself to pay that for a milsurp. Maybe if he still has it at the next one I'll offer something for it. It is a beautiful rifle and I would love to have it. 6.5 Swede is an awesome caliber as well.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 8:20:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:27:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Cause hes about 250-300 too high!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Beautiful rifle, every time I go to a local gunshow this one guy has a Swede available. I have pondered buying it twice for $750 I think but I just can't get myself to pay that for a milsurp. Maybe if he still has it at the next one I'll offer something for it. It is a beautiful rifle and I would love to have it. 6.5 Swede is an awesome caliber as well.
Cause hes about 250-300 too high!
Maybe if there was something special or rare about it but if not then = nope.
I have paid high prices on a few rifles that I really wanted but they were not just average rifles.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 7:45:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Handloads will cut your group in half...
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 9:22:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Handloads will cut your group in half...
View Quote
This is probably the first factory ammunition i have fire in over a decade.  I just dont have the dies or the right bullets yet.  I will need a dillon trim/size die, the correct size mandrel for my Sinclair neck expanding mandrel die, and a Forster bench rest seater.  I need that stuff for 8mm mauser, 7.5 swiss, and now 6.5x55.  I bought a CH4D dillon 7.5 swiss trim/size die but that's it so far.  Just don't have the spare change.  I sold a glock to fund this rifle.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 2:50:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Nice! I've been hoarding a complete M96 stock set for years thinking I'd come across one that Bubba cut the stock on for cheap.

It's been about 20 years and nothing yet though.
View Quote
I've been doing the same with a 1894 Carbine stock set. Immaculate wood, just need a barreled action.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top