Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 11/3/2017 10:29:47 AM EDT

Gotta put the baby in its seat :o

This was my first foray into alumahyde and so far I am extremely pleased with it.
Put the little blaster together last night and ran 200+ rounds through it with random bulk ammo and not a single hiccup. Holy shit this thing is fun.
4.5" cmmg barrel and bolt, kak micro flash can, 4" guntec m lok handguard. I've got a knock off law tactical folder en route so it'll have an ever smaller footprint for travel or even shooting folded.
Really happy with this little cheap build and will be shooting the hell out of it.
Wish I had a suppressor for it and my other 22s
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 10:38:27 AM EDT
[#1]
OMG... DO WANT.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 10:44:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I can't wait to get off to go run another few 100 rounds through it lol it is ridiculously fun.
I sold my heavy barreled target 10/22 and had every intention of replacing it with a takedown lite 10/22...and still really want it but I'm not sure if I should bother wasting the money now. ahhh decisions. I just don't like the idea of not having a 10/22 but I'm going to want to pick this thing up to go shoot more often than not I'd imagine. the ruger with a bug blaster scope on it would fill a little different role though I suppose.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 10:57:04 AM EDT
[#3]
If 22LR bolts and barrels werent so expensive, Id be doing this right now.  The CMMG price for bolt/barrel is as much as a PSA complete 22lr upper
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 11:05:44 AM EDT
[#4]
already had the upper and lower, painted them just to try out the alumahyde and wanted to use them for a cool/cheap build. All I have into it is the bolt/barrel which were on sale plus a discount put me under 200 for them, the lpk was like 55, handguard another 45 and the knock off law folder was 28 so I spent less than 350 on this.
plus I wanted something unique and super compact, not another rifle length. I've already done a nice 16" taccom build but honestly I rarely shoot it anymore. This one just oozes fun.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 11:11:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Very nice.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 11:20:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Very cool.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 11:33:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Nice job
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 11:40:38 AM EDT
[#8]
I like it.

Where did you get the cheap knock off law folder at?

Need one for mine.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 11:40:44 AM EDT
[#9]
i built a 4.5" ar22 a few years ago with a taccom barrel. its one of my favorite guns but the can is longer than the barrel lol
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 11:48:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like it.

Need one for mine.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/424008/BC85C52E-4AEE-4983-A7E2-BE67DB211D76-351874.JPG
View Quote
straight from china lol all the other folders I could find looked like shit and were blocky, wobbly and probably blocked the charging handle. found enough reviews of these that I felt more than comfortable using it on a dedicated .22
https://www.dhgate.com/wholesale/ar+folding+stock+adapter.html
should be here any day, will update when I get it installed
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 11:50:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
i built a 4.5" ar22 a few years ago with a taccom barrel. its one of my favorite guns but the can is longer than the barrel lol
View Quote
i need to stop screwing around and just sell one of my high end AR builds and get me a suppressor or 2 but I keep hoping the damn laws will change and I won't have to jump through all the hoops to get one
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 12:00:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

i need to stop screwing around and just sell one of my high end AR builds and get me a suppressor or 2 but I keep hoping the damn laws will change and I won't have to jump through all the hoops to get one
View Quote
i wouldnt sell any of my ars ~30 but i havent bought any cans post 41f sadly
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 12:02:37 PM EDT
[#13]
My .22 AR pistol is by far my most used firearm.  I have a spectre II for it
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 12:02:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

straight from china lol all the other folders I could find looked like shit and were blocky, wobbly and probably blocked the charging handle. found enough reviews of these that I felt more than comfortable using it on a dedicated .22
View Quote
im curious how this works out. please update this thread. i wouldnt mind one of those but i use the taccom plug in my 22
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 12:09:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My .22 AR pistol is by far my most used firearm.  I have a spectre II for it
View Quote
My photo above has my Spectre II screwed on it. It’s awesome with CCI SV
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 12:09:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

i wouldnt sell any of my ars ~30 but i havent bought any cans post 41f sadly
View Quote
I don't want to sell any but that's really the only way I'd be able to fund a can and all the bs costs that go with it.
I know I would get a ton more use out of a good 22 can over whatever particular AR I decided I could part with...but I still don't wanna sell
I specifically went with this 4.5" barrel because everything I read was that even most bulk ammo remains sub sonic through that short of a barrel so it would be a badass suppressor host
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 12:12:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

im curious how this works out. please update this thread. i wouldnt mind one of those but i use the taccom plug in my 22
View Quote
will definitely update. I wish it'd get here today or tomorrow but I doubt it.
I use the taccom plug on my 16" taccom build but this cmmg ran like a top last night. I do like my taccom build but I had a lot of trouble getting that thing tuned to operate reliably. It's been pretty much 100% since but I'm thinking this little bastard isn't going to need the plug like it's big brother.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 1:29:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like it.

Need one for mine.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/424008/BC85C52E-4AEE-4983-A7E2-BE67DB211D76-351874.JPG
I did find this on DH gate after following your link. Looks like it would work great on a 22 AR.
Wire collapsible stock.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 3:05:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Hellllllll yeah, surprised it got here today , that's only like 12 days straight from China

I typically am totally against using Chinese shit on my guns but this build was to be as cheap as I could manage. I used an enhanced strike industries lpk which I am actually pretty damn impressed with as well and AFAIK all their stuff is made in China too.

I went and blasted through another 200 or so rounds before coming home and finding the folder had arrived but not one malfunction, I am loving this thing.
Will install the folder when I can her my boy down for a nap.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 3:08:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I did find this on DH gate after following your link. Looks like it would work great on a 22 AR.
Wire collapsible stock.
View Quote
Wow...for cheap rimfire builds they have lots of cool shit. Wouldn't use any of this on a "real" AR but for the plinkers and 'toys', why the hell not

I just recently got the sb tactical pdw brace for my ar9 and absolutely love it
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 5:33:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Well I am thoroughly pleased. Absolutely love this little gun and the folder is surprisingly good quality especially for 28 bucks. No change I'm function, shoots just as well as before, folded or extended. It *almost* fits in that little bag. So damn close.

Link Posted: 11/3/2017 9:04:36 PM EDT
[#22]
That thing is awesome looking.

Trying to figure out a way to buy one from DHgate. Im scared to give them my Credit Card info.

What kind of short mag is that?
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 1:11:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Trying to figure out a way to buy one from DHgate. Im scared to give them my Credit Card info.

View Quote
They're a legit outfit as far as Chinese outfits go but I  had the same initial concerns. So far so good. I guess if I have random fraudulent shit start popping up I'll know why lol

It's a blog like dog mag 10 rounder. Definitely prefer the look of it on this thing but...its only 10 rounds
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 9:00:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
There's a cheep o utg folding adapter in ebay for 15.50. They don't look as good as the one in OPs pics though.

I seiously love this pistol, looks like it would cost about 460 to comolete, all parts minus the lower.

Problem is that the cmmg kit is 168 and a 4.5 barrel is 90, best I could find. More than half the cost
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 10:48:43 AM EDT
[#25]
10-4 on the DHgate being ok to deal with. Going to set up the app on my iphone today and place my order.

Attachment Attached File

The photo above is my 22 upper on my 5.56 pistol / SBR pending lower. I have ordered all of the parts to assemble another lower that will be my dedicated 22Lr AR. Once I get it finished and check for function and all is good it will be Formed 1 as well.

I am using the A better mag adapter from booine packer. I haven't checked yet to see if S&W makes a 15rd round mag. I know they make a 5 or 10.
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 10:53:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

There's a cheep o utg folding adapter in ebay for 15.50. They don't look as good as the one in OPs pics though.

I seiously love this pistol, looks like it would cost about 460 to comolete, all parts minus the lower.

Problem is that the cmmg kit is 168 and a 4.5 barrel is 90, best I could find. More than half the cost
View Quote
Bought my CMMG Barrel and bolt kit from Opticsplanet and took advantage of a 10% off code and used the PayPal Credit payment. 0% interests if paid in full with in 6 Months.

But I think Its cheaper to buy a complete upper now from PSA and send the barrel to EastTxHunter here on the forums and have him chop and thread it. It should be $50 for him to do that.

Barrel Threading by eastTXhunter
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 11:00:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Is this where we post pics of our budget 22lr uppers? 

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 11:35:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/359356/1509758421057-352748.JPG
View Quote
If that's a PVC pipe handguard... Wow
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 11:46:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lmao that's interesting
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 11:54:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
That was my original option after I ruled out the usmachinegun folder, but they're both blocky and clunky. I am super pleased with this thing. Locks up tight, no wiggle whatsoever, and looks awesome.

Oh and I did get my barrel and bolt on optics planet but. I think it came in right around/under 200 bucks with the sale and discounts. It was by far cheaper than I could find anywhere else.

I'm about to go put a few 100 more rounds through it gonna go through this "bucket o' bullets" in a few days at this rate
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 12:02:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Tiny 22ar's are the best. This one bulked up a bit with the can and gemtech trilug adapter, still one of my favorite guns though.

boonie packer adapter and mp15/22 mags make it easy to load and empty.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 12:16:06 PM EDT
[#32]
My current 22s minus the 10/22 I just sold but still think I'm going to get a takedown lite.
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 12:16:55 PM EDT
[#33]
What's the deal with the  boonie packer adapter etc.? I vaguely remember something about that from my first 22 build but just ended up with black dog mags
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 12:47:59 PM EDT
[#34]
I had one, and loved the Smith mags but it was just more cleaning and more areas back pressure gas built up 22 grossness.

I run cmmg mags and am happy. It's just less crap to worry about

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 12:51:57 PM EDT
[#35]
I really like the ease of loading the m&p mags, I've got another that I use the solid plastic cmmg mags and blackdog machine mags in. 

For sure get the 10/22 takedown, and seriously consider the magpul backpacker stock. I have never seen a more well thought out gun accessory, just waiting on an integral can for that build. It might supplant my 22ar above as my favorite suppressed 22.
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 12:56:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Gahhhh I want a suppressor so bad. I'm so damn jelly of what everyone with 22 cans. Hell I'd love one for my 45, 308 and ARs but really want a 22 can more than any other. Just so damn fucking. I put a few 100 rounds through a suppressed 22/45 a few years ago and just fell in love.
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 12:59:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
My current 22s minus the 10/22 I just sold but still think I'm going to get a takedown lite.
http://lstwo.com/images/31052915569111134261.jpg
View Quote
I see three good reasons to get a 22 can in that pic...
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 1:40:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't judge me! 
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 6:15:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Ok so I've probably got close to or over a thousand rounds through it now, got the red dot dialed in and it's dead on from 40 meters or so on in. I've had literally one malfunction using handfuls of random ass old bulk ammo and it was from emptying a mag as fast as I possibly could. Had a case get jammed in the charging handle even though I'm using the cmmg ch. But one malfunction in 1k on a 22 lr is better than any 22 I've ever owned so I am beyond happy with this thing.
Sooo. Much. Fun.

Was shooting spent 12g shells I had sitting on a stick, hitting them the first shot every time off hand.
Destroyed my 22 spinner target just popping each side shot after shot lol
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 6:16:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I see three good reasons to get a 22 can in that pic...
View Quote
You are correct and the takedown will be a 4th.
But somehow I doubt it'll be as reliable as this little bastard.
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 6:28:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
What's the deal with the  boonie packer adapter etc.? I vaguely remember something about that from my first 22 build but just ended up with black dog mags
View Quote
I've got the adapter on mine. Haven't had any issues related to mags. 

Only issue with the system I've had was running aguila subsonic. They wouldn't reset the hammer consistently. But, that was to be expected.
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 8:45:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I've got the adapter on mine. Haven't had any issues related to mags. 

Only issue with the system I've had was running aguila subsonic. They wouldn't reset the hammer consistently. But, that was to be expected.
View Quote
I’m using the ABetterMag adapter and I have probably 300+ rounds thru mine. Aguila Subsonic will not reset the hammer or load the next cartridge reliably. And the only issues I have had was with that ammo. Had a few stove pipes and one get hung up in a milspec charging handle. No big issue.

Main reason I went with the adapter is everything I read on this forum concerning 22 AR CMMG conversations had glowing reviews of the adapter. Also have read about how reliable the S&W mags are for their capacity. They are also pretty cheap and can be found at most big box gun shops. The CMMG mags from what I have been told are good but they just cost a bit more that the S&W mags.

My cmmg bolt & barrel kit and boonie packer adapter will cycle 100% with CCI SV. And the cheap Acadmey bulk box Winchester weastern cycles flawlessly. Haven’t had a chance to really sit down and run anything thru my chrono using this set up. Everything seams to run a bit faster than out of my M&P22c.
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 9:27:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Laying in bed reading this thread made me want to go shoot mine in the backyard. So I did. Wife asked where I was going and she seen me open the gun safe and went back to watching YouTube on her phone.

Just tried some aguila Standard velocity. Loaded up 10 rounds. First 2 in the mag gave me fits the rest cycled fine. I did have my dust cover closed. Not sure if the extra drag caused it to short stroke.

Then shot about 30rds of Winchester M-22 Subsonic and it ran 100% and rang the steel pretty good.

Used the Mask instead of the Spectre II. It’s slightly shorter. Also used my little TLR3 and it worked great. Now I need a Armasight spark to mount behind my red dot and a IR light.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 11:18:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Laying in bed reading this thread made me want to go shoot mine in the backyard. So I did. Wife asked where I was going and she seen me open the gun safe and went back to watching YouTube on her phone.

Just tried some aguila Standard velocity. Loaded up 10 rounds. First 2 in the mag gave me fits the rest cycled fine. I did have my dust cover closed. Not sure if the extra drag caused it to short stroke.

Then shot about 30rds of Winchester M-22 Subsonic and it ran 100% and rang the steel pretty good.

Used the Mask instead of the Spectre II. It’s slightly shorter. Also used my little TLR3 and it worked great. Now I need a Armasight spark to mount behind my red dot and a IR light.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/424008/B93BFA18-C172-4CC5-AF5E-26348BF57BA1-353382.JPG
View Quote
Lol awesome. I did the same thing 2 nights ago. Just couldn't resist shooting a mag in the backyard, neighbors were probably like wtf
So damn jelly of the suppressors.

What dust cover/deflector is that? I was just thinking about that today since my taccom build used their dedicated 22 upper and it hides the rear of the bolt unlike a milspec upper. Doesn't really bother me but wouldn't mind tidying that up a bit.
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 11:27:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Why are these so cheap?? And is it just the pic or do they have the metal feed lips?
https://www.cdnnsports.com/cmmg-ceiner-kel-sig522-22.html#.Wf6EKBlOngA
I'm about to order half a dozen unless there's something I don't know. I couldn't care less about them being grey if that's the only difference.
I've only got 2 black dog 25 rounders (one with metal feed lips) and one 10 rounder. Reloading every 60 rounds is getting to be a pain in the ass.
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 3:55:52 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Lol awesome. I did the same thing 2 nights ago. Just couldn't resist shooting a mag in the backyard, neighbors were probably like wtf

What dust cover/deflector is that? I was just thinking about that today since my taccom build used their dedicated 22 upper and it hides the rear of the bolt unlike a milspec upper. Doesn't really bother me but wouldn't mind tidying that up a bit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/424008/B93BFA18-C172-4CC5-AF5E-26348BF57BA1-353382.JPG

Looks like a 9mm dust cover to me.
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 7:36:01 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
I ordered a cmmg dust cover from optics planet when I bought my barrel bolt kit. The one I ordered was the large black disc shaped one. It almost looks like one quarter of a delta ring. This is what I received in my package. I was kinda pissed but wanted to shoot it so I installed it. I just assumed CMMG stoped making the other style and this is what they are making now. It works so I haven’t looked into it any further. But I do like the other style better .

$8.99 cmmg mag

Those are cheap actually a little less than what I gave for my M&P15-22 mags.
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 8:27:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 10:17:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

They're a legit outfit as far as Chinese outfits go but I  had the same initial concerns. So far so good. I guess if I have random fraudulent shit start popping up I'll know why lol

It's a blog like dog mag 10 rounder. Definitely prefer the look of it on this thing but...its only 10 rounds
View Quote
Purchased the DHgate knockoff LAW folder today. And will be assembling my dedicated 22LR lower today or someday this week. Mine will end up looking like yours but black and with a 7" hand guard. May have to buy another blem handguard from Live Free Armory to play with this time a 4".

Also wanted to share this. 20 round short mag for M&P 15-22

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 10:56:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Looks good!

Here is my take on the same concept - since I already had two SBR'd lowers...

4.5 CMMG  barrel & bolt set
7" Aero Precision handguard
Aero Precision non-forward assist upper
Silencerco Sparrow Suppressor
Holosun RDS

I've also added a Magpul M-LOK Vertical Grip since this photo was taken.

The lower has a Geissele SD3G trigger & a LWRC Ultra Compact Stock.

It's a ton of fun on the Steel & Plinking range - and the most asked for "Can I shoot that one again" gun when I go to the range.

I'm thinking about getting a Fostech Echo G2 trigger and seeing if I can get that to run with the 22lr upper - that should add to the silly grin factor.

Have fun,
Bob S.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top