Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2021 9:57:10 AM EDT
Since I can't find ammo for a normal price around here and I am missing plinking in the yard, I bought a cheap Daisy Powerline 35. It's fun to sit on the porch and here the 'twank' of hitting tin cans 10 yards away. But that was the limit of that BB gun. I started looking around for something a little more ... refined(?). I came across a bunch of videos and articles about the Beeman R7/ Weihrauch HW30s. Sounded like a perfect fit for what I wanted to do. I had to find someone who had them in stock. Most companies in the US are out of stock until mid//end of April. But I found a company in the Netherlands (Krale) that had them in stock and about $150 cheaper than the prices in the states. Even with the shipping costs, it was substantially less than US retailers have it listed for. My online research showed them to be a reputable company and not a scam. It also appeared that you would get your order in about 4 days. I placed my order on Sunday night. The HW30s arrived yesterday afternoon (yup, 4 days after I ordered it). What a great little air rifle! That trigger is sweet. I pushed the tin cans back to about 25 yards, open sights (with these old eyes) and still hear a satisfying TWANK. At some point I'll throw a scope on it and put it on the bench just to determine what pellet it prefers to shoot. If anyone is looking to make a step up from the Walmart air rifles. Take a look at Krales and the HW30s.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 10:52:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 12:21:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How's the trigger?
View Quote

Out of the box, it is very light and crisp. It's adjustable, but I'm not changing anything.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 12:31:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 3:11:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did you get the .177 or the .22?
View Quote

.177 just because of the local availability.
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 11:44:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I got an R7 in March. Definitely a step up in air rifles. I put a Hawke Vantage 2-7 x 32mm scope on top. I am hitting quarters out to 30 yards. I actually had to dial the trigger up a bit, it was really light. The tree-rats are no match for this set up.
I am well stocked on pellets and have been feeding it domes and wad cutters in the 7.0 to 7.8 grain flavors. I read on AGN that is weight is about perfect for the R7... but would welcome any other input.

Note about the R7. It is a smaller gun vs. the R9. Easier to cock but may not be suitable for a big shooter. Definitely backyard suburban friendly.

I'll add... you really need a Beeman P17, Model 2004 single pump pellet pistol. Really good sights and sweet trigger...I can hit 20 yard cans with little effort.
Amazon, $33

Congrats on the new pellet rifle
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:51:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Just want to tell you thanks for the name of the company you ordered from .

I may be ordering from them soon myself .

And the HW30 is a good choice .  Enjoy .

gd
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top