Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Posted: 6/5/2018 7:02:27 PM EDT
Shooting sunday and the handle fell out, havent had time to dig into it yet but I was wondering how if this has happened to anybody else?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 2:31:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Not happened to mine. I've not yet taken mine apart for cleaning, but after separating the upper & lower and removing the buffer spring, the handle comes right out. But not sure exactly what's capturing the handle when there's spring tension on the bolt.
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 4:13:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I have yet to take this apart. I just pushed it back in but I don't think its going to stay in?
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 4:30:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 5:40:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Bad design feature, mine pulls right out with very little effort without any disassembly of the weapon.
Edit: stiffer spring in ball detent would solve this problem.
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 9:03:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hmmm, we haven't had to many issues with that.  It is designed to be easily removable as its required to disassemble the gun but it shouldn't just fall out.  We have had replacement bolt handles on order with GSG for a bit, we hope to have them sometime in the next few shipments.  Give our CS department a call and we can get a back order in for a replacement one under your warranty if thats something you'd like to swap out.
View Quote
Sounds good thanks!
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 9:03:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Bad design feature, mine pulls right out with very little effort without any disassembly of the weapon.
Edit: stiffer spring in ball detent would solve this problem.
View Quote
Yeah mine is the same now. Really easy to take out.
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 3:10:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I picked up a GSG MP40 last week and the handle pulls out fairly easily. There is a detent when its all the way in but not much is needed to get it moving out. I have yet to fire it and I a don't want to shoot it and loose the handle in the woods.

ATI are you working with GSG on a fix to the case of the vanishing handles?
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 1:56:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Mine took a little force to pull out when i 1st got it, after 150 or so rounds it comes out fairly easly not like when it was new and unfired, Also is it common for some of the screws to loosen like the rear sight screw or the side plate screws I noticed mine were losses after the 1st range trip ( only shot it once as I just got it last friday)
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 2:50:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Just an update on my end..........nothing new still waiting on the new handle.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 6:23:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Handle on mine falls out by itself.

This is unacceptable. I can't shoot the gun without the handle dropping out.
Almost lost the handle in the grass a couple of times now.
Can't remove/replace the detent spring because its crimped in place.
Gun is sidelined.
Going to take a machinist to fix it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 6:42:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Handle on mine falls out by itself.

This is unacceptable. I can't shoot the gun without the handle dropping out.
Almost lost the handle in the grass a couple of times now.
Can't remove/replace the detent spring because its crimped in place.
Gun is sidelined.
Going to take a machinist to fix it.
View Quote
@HellifIknow have you tried PM'ing @ATICSR_Christopher - he's been a big help to me on some other issues/items over the years...
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 7:54:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Handle falling out is one of the biggest problems the gun has.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 10:22:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Are you still getting new bolt handles in? I don't have the email of the guy you sent me to get my address on a list. I moved since then so if there is a way to update that I'd appreciate it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 10:39:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

@HellifIknow have you tried PM'ing @ATICSR_Christopher - he's been a big help to me on some other issues/items over the years...
View Quote
No. I did not know I could.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 3:10:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Are you still getting new bolt handles in? I don't have the email of the guy you sent me to get my address on a list. I moved since then so if there is a way to update that I'd appreciate it.
View Quote
@ATICSR_Christopher
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 1:25:52 AM EDT
[#16]
I wraped the end that goes into the bolt with a turn or two of electrical tape. It works like a charm to keep the handle in place and doesn't show. Anyway that's my workaround. And I wish they would redo the handle to look more like an original. Even the one on their .22 version looks more authentic.
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 9:07:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I wraped the end that goes into the bolt with a turn or two of electrical tape. It works like a charm to keep the handle in place and doesn't show. Anyway that's my workaround. And I wish they would redo the handle to look more like an original. Even the one on their .22 version looks more authentic.
View Quote
Thats a good idea. I'll have to do soemthing if I shoot it again. Still never heard anything from ATI about it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 10:54:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Thats a good idea. I'll have to do soemthing if I shoot it again. Still never heard anything from ATI about it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@NoMoAMMO I saw where you mentioned Chris, but did you try PMing him or emailing?  I went to check his user info and see the account is locked, so I'm not sure what's going on there - but I don't see ATI in the industry forum so maybe they dropped ARFCOM from their budget.  His signature line included an email address also: [email protected] which I'd try if I were you.

Hope Chris is still around and still with ATI as he was always a great resource!
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 10:43:55 AM EDT
[#19]
I've not had that problem yet but was trying to come up with a good way to make it a bit harder to pull out.
My only concern with electrical tape is: if it comes off from coming in contact with CLP how hard would it be to get out of the bolt?

I'm thinking more along the lines of either shrink wrap or a rubberized spray. Shrink wrap is still kinda brittle when shrunk so not sure how it'd hold up to recoil.
Rubber spray could be applied in layers til you get the thickness you want and should adhere to the bolt better.
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 3:14:04 PM EDT
[#20]
I turned the project over to a local smith.
He fixed it by adding a heavier spring and recrimping it in place.
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top