Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/14/2018 10:15:47 PM EDT
My brother-in-law is not a gun-owner but has gotten the itch for some reason.  He says he wants to get an SL-8 and asked my advice but I'm just a simpleton AR owner.  He knows they are expensive and take proprietary magazines.  Any reason why he shouldn't get one?
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 10:23:46 PM EDT
[#1]
My GF got one....she loves it and it shoots nice. If he has deep pockets he can get a G36 parts kit and get a clone made.
As long as he sees it a more a range toy rather than defense I’d say why not? It’s something different and not real common.
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 10:48:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Ive shot one before. They are fun and cool. Not the most practical but as long as he knows what he is getting into as far as parts and aftermarket I don't see why not. It will probably end up turning him on to other rifles.
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 10:54:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Tom Bostic has just released his T36 receiver (G36 Clone) which is what the SL8 is a sporterized, import-legal version of. Right now, I think finding parts to convert things, like double-stack mags, etc etc it might be hard to find. But if he's happy with it right out of the box, and doesn't want to modify it into a semi-auto G36, should be good.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 12:38:24 AM EDT
[#4]
He's familiar with the 2 major disadvantages then. As long as he understands how it's different from a real G36 then sure. Tell him to go for it.

I love my G36k.
I think I've put more rounds through it than my SAN SG551.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top