Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
6/25/2018 7:04:05 PM
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 11:03:26 PM EDT
I just got a 995TS. I’m seriously considering ordering one of the HTA stocks and I haven’t even gotten the 995 to the range yet. It looks awesome and makes the gun look a lot more refined.
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 11:23:53 PM EDT
Saw a 10x25mm Norma carbine @ the gun show today for $360.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 8:03:51 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MisterPX:

They're selling to the general public now, did your preorder email from a month+ ago end up in your spam?
View Quote
Where are they selling to the public? Their website still says ‘coming soon’ and all the recent recipients of the HTA bullpup stocks on the Hi Point forum are posting they purchased them thru a private invite.

HTA estimated last month that it would probably be end of the summer before they run thru the pre-order list.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 12:36:01 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Landric:
I just got a 995TS. I’m seriously considering ordering one of the HTA stocks and I haven’t even gotten the 995 to the range yet. It looks awesome and makes the gun look a lot more refined.
View Quote
I have a lot of 9mm carbines, its a thing with me.... My 995TS got little range time as my other higher cost PCC's were just sleeker firearms and all. Then I got this stock and all that changed. The HTA stock makes the 995 into a "looker". But, that is not the most important part. With the great buffer system of the HTA stock the 995 becomes a very smooth shooting PCC. If you have shot many 9mm PCC's that are blow back you know they have a high perceived recoil. Most of that is due to that big heavy bolt slamming into the back of the receiver. The smart guys at HTA designed in a very nice buffer system into this stock that lowers the recoil impulse by something like 40%. Its an amazing difference and really makes this firearm much more fun to shoot.

But....forget the technical stuff.....this is one space age looking piece that gets a LOT of attention at the range. Now, just get me some fat double stack 20 or 30 round magazines!!!
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 10:15:41 AM EDT
Originally Posted By forever4: But....forget the technical stuff.....this is one space age looking piece that gets a LOT of attention at the range. Now, just get me some fat double stack 20 or 30 round magazines!!!
View Quote
Get the .45 and the RedBall coffin mags.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 10:45:23 AM EDT
Originally Posted By backbencher:

Get the .45 and the RedBall coffin mags.
View Quote
According to some comments on their Facebook page, they're also going to be making double-to-single stack 10x25mm mags pretty soon, and possibly 9x19mm in the same style in addition to the single stack long version.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 1:38:46 PM EDT
Originally Posted By wanderson:

Where are they selling to the public? Their website still says ‘coming soon’ and all the recent recipients of the HTA bullpup stocks on the Hi Point forum are posting they purchased them thru a private invite.

HTA estimated last month that it would probably be end of the summer before they run thru the pre-order list.
View Quote
https://www.hightowerarmory.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=HTAMBS95

If I'm reading it correctly, says ships withing 24 hours.
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 11:25:06 AM EDT
That's not how I'm reading it, says 'Coming Soon' and 'Add To Wish list'. No option to actually put it in a cart & buy it. That's how that page has looked since they were first released for early purchase thru an email invite.

I wish you were correct, I'm still waiting for an email for an early purchase. Rumor has it that they're $250 now but will jump up $20 or $30 bucks for general sale.
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 1:01:03 PM EDT
Originally Posted By pyotr_k:

According to some comments on their Facebook page, they're also going to be making double-to-single stack 10x25mm mags pretty soon, and possibly 9x19mm in the same style in addition to the single stack long version.
View Quote
If they do 9mm ones same style this will probably be my next purchase. Call me a snob but the current looking 20 they do is long and ugly to my sense of aesthetic.
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 4:28:41 PM EDT
Originally Posted By wanderson:
That's not how I'm reading it, says 'Coming Soon' and 'Add To Wish list'. No option to actually put it in a cart & buy it. That's how that page has looked since they were first released for early purchase thru an email invite.
View Quote
Dang, you're right. Guess I didn't read the small details. IM inbound.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 9:50:58 AM EDT
I think it was a year ago I put my name on the list, and there's people saying they signed up earlier than that, still waiting.
The first drawing & teaser on their facebook page dates back to Oct. 2016 so I'm betting it's a LONG list.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 4:19:35 PM EDT
I got my stock and immediately went to Coastal and got a 995TS asap. The assembly process is very easy and I installed a Vortex crossfire and Magpul MBUS flip-ups, a Strike Industries Fwd. Slant grip and the Hi-Point sling.
I couldn't wait to get to the range and shoot it and I am pleasantly surprised at how well it shoots and how much fun this gun really is.

I added a piece of self-adhesive foam for a cheekpad and I could easily shoot hundreds of rounds through this thing all day long, I really like it.
If anyone is doubting it one bit, go get one on order and get your hi-point ready. This isn't just a "fun gun" but it will quickly become a "go to" gun and a favorite general purpose blaster.
Everyone literally freaks out when they see it so the "cool factor" is there and the range members all were very curious with all the usual questions.
It is fun, cheap to shoot and easy to assemble. You really cannot go wrong with this thing.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 10:18:00 PM EDT
There are apparently two versions of the High Tower web page. One shows coming soon for the stock, the other lets one order it.

I was never on the waiting list. I ordered a stock from the web page today and already got the shipping notification.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 12:44:51 AM EDT
There are apparently two versions of the High Tower web page. One shows coming soon for the stock, the other lets one order it.

I was never on the waiting list. I ordered a stock from the web page today and already got the shipping notification.
View Quote
Yes your correct. Someone must have given you the order URL that HTA sent to the people on the waiting list.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 1:16:52 AM EDT
Possibly due to their plans to try to make a future double stack, they're not using the HiPoint mag catch - so the ThingMeister isn't a direct replacement.

The new 20 rnd RedBall .45 mags are coffin-type double stacks, indicating that what HighTower is envisioning may be possible.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SpanishInquisition:
Ah. Thanks. Kind of surprising.
Possibly due to their plans to try to make a future double stack, they're not using the HiPoint mag catch - so the ThingMeister isn't a direct replacement.

The new 20 rnd RedBall .45 mags are coffin-type double stacks, indicating that what HighTower is envisioning may be possible.
I seen those Redball 45ACP magazines, and I lost interest in a 1911 conversion.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 10:30:35 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Capt_Destro:
I seen those Redball 45ACP magazines, and I lost interest in a 1911 conversion.
View Quote
I like just buying one kind of .45 mag. 1911 mags are everywhere, and they not only fit in my HiPoint pistol and carbine, but my 1911 as well. There's a 1911 mag adapter out for the AR; I've heard the Kahr .45s take 1911 mags too.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 3:31:04 PM EDT
Originally Posted By NoEffects6:
Yes your correct. Someone must have given you the order URL that HTA sent to the people on the waiting list.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NoEffects6:

No one gave me the link. However, when I googled the stock to see if it was available one of the results was the order page. So, I ordered.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 7:57:44 PM EDT

No one gave me the link. However, when I googled the stock to see if it was available one of the results was the order page. So, I ordered.
View Quote
Cant blame you. I'd do the same.
Link Posted: 7/13/2018 5:42:02 PM EDT
Originally Posted By MisterPX:

https://www.hightowerarmory.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=HTAMBS95

If I'm reading it correctly, says ships withing 24 hours.
View Quote
Yep. Got my OD green within 3 business days of ordering. Super fast shipping.

A few observations:
1. Upper and lower are very tight. Once taken off, I applied silicone lubricant along the rails. Did not seem to do much though. As when I tried to take it off again, I couldn't. I placed a long screwdriver across the topmost M-lok slots and smashed the screwdriver handle against the work table to jar it loose (rifle pointing upwards). Worked well, did not seem to mar the finish. This made me appreciate Hi-Point's lever action locking system. Ungainly, but effective.
2. Upper and bottom rails have very sharp edges. I plan to cover the bottom rail with Magpul handstop.
3. The mag release requires a lot of force and requires one to push the release button all the way in to hear the eject click/mag drop. I could not do so with one hand. I had to use my left hand to brace the rifle backwards while pushing with my right index. Does anybody else have this issue? Other than this, everything else seem to work perfectly.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 12:20:16 PM EDT
My stock arrived in the mail yesterday. It looks fantastic but I probably won't have time to try and install it on my 995TS until next weekend.
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 9:46:13 AM EDT
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top