Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2018 5:28:04 PM EDT
The unicorn thread got me thinking. Dont think I ever posted this here so here is my pride and joy!
https://imgur.com/a/o9CEh
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 6:11:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice DUV.

Though you should remove that plastic plug in the cleaning rod channel. The cleaning rod is supposed to screw into the retaining nut behind it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 6:23:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice DUV.

Though you should remove that plastic plug in the cleaning rod channel. The cleaning rod is supposed to screw into the retaining nut behind it.
View Quote
I did after I took the pics. That was the first time I broke it all down after getting it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 6:46:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I did after I took the pics. That was the first time I broke it all down after getting it.
View Quote
Now you need a DUV G41 to go with it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 11:23:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Make sure you get an adjustable gas system before you attempt to fire it...
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 5:35:32 AM EDT
[#5]
If I can get a nice deal on a 41 like I did this thennhopefully, but at current prices I don't se it happening.

It's not going to get shot, it's a safe queen for me.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 3:40:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If I can get a nice deal on a 41 like I did this thennhopefully, but at current prices I don't se it happening.

It's not going to get shot, it's a safe queen for me.
View Quote
Ugh...I shoot all mine including the G41(w)..just used it in a vintage 2 gun match last month.... it beat a lot of garands...heheh
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 7:37:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ugh...I shoot all mine including the G41(w)..just used it in a vintage 2 gun match last month.... it beat a lot of garands...heheh
View Quote
That's risky, but your guns, your rules....

More than a few guys have kaboomed their all matching G41's and were unhappy afterwards....especially when you find that replacement parts might as well be rocking horse shit...and if they could find parts the value was reduced by half...

At least for the G43 get the Apfeltor Shooter kit for it...better to be safe than sorry. The G43 has a tendency to crack the rear receiver between the three holes drilled in the back, you may want to examine yours to check...

ETA  Never shot mine, since the first one I ever had, I fired it once, and the bolt locked back solid....it ended up the bolt carrier rode over the sliding cover and stuck fast...but scared the crap out of me, and never had the desire to try shooting another again...

Old crappy pics of mine, should do new better ones...

Forgot I had the last one, a little newer...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 7:58:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Also should mention, OP, that's a beauty of a BLM....nice untouched stock...cleaning rod and hood always a nice bonus...the G43 hood is not the same as a 98k hood....lots of G43's that are missing hoods have 98k hoods on them, and they always look too small (since they are)

That definitely is a high end example...
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 8:57:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

More than a few guys have kaboomed their all matching G41's and were unhappy afterwards....especially when you find that replacement parts might as well be rocking horse shit...and if they could find parts the value was reduced by half...

At least for the G43 get the Apfeltor Shooter kit for it...better to be safe than sorry. The G43 has a tendency to crack the rear receiver between the three holes drilled in the back, you may want to examine yours to check...

ETA  Never shot mine, since the first one I ever had, I fired it once, and the bolt locked back solid....it ended up the bolt carrier rode over the sliding cover and stuck fast...but scared the crap out of me, and never had the desire to try shooting another again...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/374866/100_0770_JPG-721650.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/374866/100_0772_JPG-721651.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/374866/100_0777_JPG-721653.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/374866/20150105_060215_jpg-721659.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/374866/100_0770_JPG-721650.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/374866/100_0772_JPG-721651.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/374866/100_0777_JPG-721653.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/374866/20150105_060215_jpg-721659.JPG
I shoot mine fairly often..several times a year.  I have a fair amount of spare parts...as I've been shooting these things for about 30 years now.  Knock on wood haven't broken anything yet and I have quite a bit of ammo through them.

I made my own adjustable gas piston ages ago and all my G43s have them installed.  Ejection is mild and most of my brass lands about 8ft away in a nice pile.  Probably one reason I haven't broken anything...

I shoot them because I can't take them with me and they were meant to be shot...lol

G41(w) Mad minute final shots
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 9:00:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I shoot mine fairly often..several times a year.  I have a fair amount of spare parts...as I've been shooting these things for about 30 years now.  Knock on wood haven't broken anything yet and I have quite a bit of ammo through them.

I made my own adjustable gas piston ages ago and all my G43s have them installed.  Ejection is mild and most of my brass lands about 8ft away in a nice pile.  Probably one reason I haven't broken anything...

I shoot them because I can't take them with me and they were meant to be shot...lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1JjSbMGSJI
View Quote
You're a braver man than me Gunga Din....

You got spares? I have a buddy who needs a few things for a G41 resto he is working on....
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 9:11:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You're a braver man than me Gunga Din....

You got spares? I have a buddy who needs a few things for a G41 resto he is working on....
View Quote
No nothing major or that I'm willing to part with....might need it tomorrow!  :)

That video above I was using '53 yugo in new brass so I don't have to be as anal about cleaning with corrosive primers....thats my only rule with them...I put milsurp ammo in new brass and primers.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 9:01:21 AM EDT
[#12]
I've been on the look out for a sporterized version to shoot but this one is just way too nice for me to chance it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 9:01:32 AM EDT
[#13]
I've been on the look out for a sporterized version to shoot but this one is just way too nice for me to chance it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 9:02:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 9:03:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Holy Triple Tap!!!
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 8:30:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Very nice. I had a 1944 K43 a long time ago. I paid $400.00 for it 30+ years ago, but traded it for a Mp40. Sold the Mp40 and bought my Ppsh41. But I do miss that K43. 30+ years ago original G43 magazines were $15.00 If I had known then, what I know now....
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 9:44:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Very nice. I had a 1944 K43 a long time ago. I paid $400.00 for it 30+ years ago, but traded it for a Mp40. Sold the Mp40 and bought my Ppsh41. But I do miss that K43. 30+ years ago original G43 magazines were $15.00 If I had known then, what I know now....
View Quote
Sounds about like me. I had a DOU 44 about 10 years ago that I got at an auction for $700. Ended up selling it a few years ago.   Russian Capture.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 11:39:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Sounds about like me. I had a DOU 44 about 10 years ago that I got at an auction for $700. Ended up selling it a few years ago.   Russian Capture.
View Quote
G43? You mean duv? dou (Waffenfabrik Brunn II) didn'tmake G43's....
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 10:19:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your probably right.  I don't have the rifle to look at anymore.   It was clean with a perfect bore.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top