Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2018 6:11:29 PM EDT
After looking at every YouTube video there is on camo painting, I decided to not do any of the ways I looked at...went the way I have been camo painting boxes and hunting stuff for years.

Took my PSA truck gun, base coat of Rustoleum OD green, let it dry for 2 days, then used two templates I made out of a file folder, two simple shapes, moved around to different spots and then hit with brown and khaki, all Rustoleum.

Took the trigger, BCG and charging handle out, ear plug in the FH and taped off the mag well.

I think it came out great, looks good and ready for some real wear in....

Did not paint the Aimpoint or LaRue mount, used a SKD Tactical PIG cover, had the cover in a spare parts box, put it to use.  Looks retro, I am 59 years old, Vietnam era (God bless the boys who served and died), this is what I remember camo looking like, years back.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 6:14:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Good for you, buddy. Nice job. Well done. I would not have the courage to spray paint my AR.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 6:34:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks nice. I would let you rattle my rifle anytime
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 7:44:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I like it. Looks like a good, practical, and effective pattern.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 8:31:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good for you, buddy. Nice job. Well done. I would not have the courage to spray paint my AR.
View Quote
This is my very budget PSA, blem rifle, blem upper and lower...even though I could not find a blem....

Will not do this to my LMTs and Larues....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top