Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2018 8:43:57 PM EDT
I'm so excited... I just can't hide it.
I got it from Gun Broker. Supposedly only 60 rounds through it, and it comes with an extra barrel and piston assembly.

Spoiler alert: it has dimples :)

Stay tuned for awesomeness.

So I gave it a good cleaning and installed a PWS muzzle device. I need to fix the safety somehow.. it just spins.

Attachment Attached File

Anyone know what rail I’ve got? Some airsoft crap? The previous owner torqued the pic rails to 100 Ft lbs... now the inserts just spin.

Anyone know how to get these white bushing things back in? I think that are for the two screws in the front of the rail.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 9:18:22 PM EDT
[#1]
You're probably right down the road from Marvin Pitts aka Nefarious Arms. He's the main guy dimpling barrels for ACRs.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 9:23:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You're probably right down the road from Marvin Pitts aka Nefarious Arms. He's the main guy dimpling barrels for ACRs.
View Quote
4 hours and 20 minutes.

My brother lives near by. I might go shake Marvin’s hand one day lol.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 9:24:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Congrats man, must be like Christmas eve lol.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 9:50:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Congrats man, must be like Christmas eve lol.
View Quote
Thanks. I think I got a great deal on it too. It is always fun getting new stuff, but its even more fun when you get a great deal.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 10:07:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Was such an excellent rifle. Would have made an amazing SBR

Was, however, a nose-heavy pig in standard configuration.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 4:21:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Why do you say "would have" like there's no SBR ACRs?
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 3:42:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Muh safety

Link Posted: 2/13/2018 7:12:58 PM EDT
[#8]
That’s an airsoft rail.  It’s decent for looks but it isn’t made for heavy abuse.  It’s pretty decent for a range toy but that’s about it.

Also looks like the previous owner killed your factory detent piece. They aren’t that pricey to replace.

Also your barrel looks awesome.  I love dimples!
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 7:31:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That’s an airsoft rail.  It’s decent for looks but it isn’t made for heavy abuse.  It’s pretty decent for a range toy but that’s about it.

Also looks like the previous owner killed your factory detent piece. They aren’t that pricey to replace.

View Quote
Thanks. I'd like one of those RPM rails. This one has to go in the trash... You're talking about the detent for the safety right?
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 7:33:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
Wait what?  Lol

"A gun's like a woman son it's all how you hold her"
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 7:34:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Thanks. I'd like one of those RPM rails. This one has to go in the trash... You're talking about the detent for the safety right?
View Quote
Someone would likely buy it. Probably $50 or so shipped.

And yes to safety detent.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 7:46:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Someone would likely buy it. Probably $50 or so shipped.

And yes to safety detent.
View Quote
Thanks for the info
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 5:59:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Congrats OP!  I really like my ACR as well.  My collection has been thinned out over the last 12 months.  The ACR has a firm spot in my collection....just waiting on a new front HG.  Im hoping MIDWEST Industries comes out with a winner.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 10:24:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Contact Dana beck and order a new safety for that thing, he has a great kit with the new Bushmaster metal core, and modified BAD ASS levers.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 1:36:01 PM EDT
[#15]
I think this plastic arm thing is the problem and or the hammer spring on the trigger. It looks like it touches the arm. It is a Geissele and it is bent  inward and it looks like it has been making contact with the plastic arm.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 2:22:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Its supposed to touch that arm. That arm is how you release the safety, as well as draw out the trigger box. The Hammer spring locks it into place, by locking into a notch on the plastic arm.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 3:09:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Its supposed to touch that arm. That arm is how you release the safety, as well as draw out the trigger box. The Hammer spring locks it into place, by locking into a notch on the plastic arm.
View Quote
Maybe the notch in the plastic arm is messed up.

Sorry it’s so blurry but it looks well worn right there where it was contacting that spring.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 5:44:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Good find!

That Marvin Pitts barrel and gas system looks pretty awesome.
The RPM handguards are amazing, I have 3 now lol, above and beyond on the quality. Highly reccommended, changes the entire rifle in a more than good way.

When I get home ill snap some shots on how that spring and safety detent lever are supposed to interact.
Contact Dana at Templar Precision if you need any small parts (also highly recommend him lightening your carrier, makes a great difference as well and sheds weight.)

Shoot it like crazy! Its my new favorite platform.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 3:28:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Could the trigger box just be assembled incorrectly? It's a pain in the ass to do.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 4:52:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The RPM handguards are amazing, I have 3 now lol, above and beyond on the quality. Highly reccommended, changes the entire rifle in a more than good way.
View Quote
Any photos? I have an FDE ACR and am considering the RPM (assuming they come in FDE as well)
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 5:47:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Any photos? I have an FDE ACR and am considering the RPM (assuming they come in FDE as well)
View Quote
You don't have an FDE ACR; you have a coyote brown ACR (unless you custom Cerakoted it yourself). But of course Ramy makes them in coyote brown! Here's mine:
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 9:38:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Will the long RPM rail work for me or do I need the short one?
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 10:58:20 AM EDT
[#23]
That's up to you and what you want your rifle to look like.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 11:42:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You don't have an FDE ACR; you have a coyote brown ACR (unless you custom Cerakoted it yourself). But of course Ramy makes them in coyote brown! Here's mine:
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4391/37184411930_fc753326e3_o.jpg
View Quote
I don't believe any of the BS names brother, it's all tan to me

Thanks for the photo. Looks really good I must say

Z
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 12:18:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is the shorty with a pinned 14.5" barrel.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 3:46:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Your detent looks to be ok.  When I install them I actually just push down really hard without the safety in the rifle and it usually will grab the spring. Then I pull it up enough to get the safety inside lower.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 6:42:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Your detent looks to be ok.  When I install them I actually just push down really hard without the safety in the rifle and it usually will grab the spring. Then I pull it up enough to get the safety inside lower.
View Quote
I was thinking the same thing.  There are only 3 possibilities of why your safety free spins (in my mind).

1) Tooth on the inside of the arm you pictured is sheared off (nope)
2) Receiving notch on the selector is worn flat internally
3) Spring pressure not present connecting the arm's tooth to the selector.  This could be either a broken spring (no evidence) or lack of engagement.

My guess is #3.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 1:20:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Yep... the hammer spring was not in the slot on that plastic arm. It works now.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 5:38:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

http://www.findsman.com/arfcom/acr-latest.jpg

This is the shorty with a pinned 14.5" barrel.
View Quote
Also hotness, thanks
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 7:51:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Yep... the hammer spring was not in the slot on that plastic arm. It works now.
View Quote
Awesome!!
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 1:03:27 PM EDT
[#31]
I got lucky and joined the RPM rail club...

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 1:09:31 PM EDT
[#32]
looks awesome!
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 1:11:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Hawt
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 1:11:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Fucken sweet!
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 1:14:09 PM EDT
[#35]
I have to get one of those RPM hand guards, they're pretty much made in my backyard (I live in Richmond), lol!
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 5:26:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I have to get one of those RPM hand guards, they're pretty much made in my backyard (I live in Richmond), lol!
View Quote
Do it, you won't regret it! Ramy's work is absolute top notch, both in design and bulid quality, and it is, I think, the best looking handguard option.
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 9:02:36 PM EDT
[#37]
So I finally got out and shot it.

Primer Flow anyone?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 1:51:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Does your bolt have a ring around the firing pin hole?  Someone recently had that issue too
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 2:00:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Before cleaning.
Attachment Attached File

After a quick wipe down.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 10:54:06 AM EDT
[#40]
It looks like there’s a small recessed hole around the firing pin hole where the expanding primer material is filling in.

If it’s not that large in person I’d pribably call them.  It could be a headspace or pressure issue
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 4:08:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Call Bushmaster? I emailed Marvin Pitts.. waiting for a reply.
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 9:28:24 AM EDT
[#42]
Bushmaster is sending me a new bolt. Apparently it is not supposed to have that chamfered edge around the firing pin hole.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top