Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2020 10:27:12 AM EDT
I need to add a Griffin brake to my 18mm threaded AUG barrel.  The threads are so long that the brake runs out of thread before it butts up against the shoulder on the barrel.  I tried securing the brake in place using just Rockset but that didn't work.

Is there a bushing or something that is available to take up some of the extra barrel threads and give me a shoulder to seat against?
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 10:33:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Shims.
How much needed?
Also, why a MB?
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 11:30:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Actually it is a flash hider.  I need it to mount my Griffin Can

I tried shims but there isn't enough of a shoulder for them to but up against
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:50:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I need to add a Griffin brake to my 18mm threaded AUG barrel.  The threads are so long that the brake runs out of thread before it butts up against the shoulder on the barrel.  I tried securing the brake in place using just Rockset but that didn't work.

Is there a bushing or something that is available to take up some of the extra barrel threads and give me a shoulder to seat against?
View Quote

If this is a 223 barrel it is 13mmx1 not 18mm. I use the check nut that came with the original flash hider. Are you using the 13.5mm griffin flash hider? the threads are 13mm not 13.5mm
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:57:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry, I mistyped.  

It is the correct threads for the barrel, that isn't the issue
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 1:33:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sorry, I mistyped.  

It is the correct threads for the barrel, that isn't the issue
View Quote

use the nut that came with the barrel. tighten the nut down first then the flash hider
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 4:33:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Perfect fix!

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 10:00:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Perfect fix!

Thanks
View Quote

thank you for letting me know they finally made the griffin in 13mmx1. I have been cursing them for years for not making them. what can are you using? I just ordered the flash hider. I will be using a turbo k on a 20" AUG A1. One of the reasons I like YHM, they have been making 13mmx1 for years
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top