Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2020 10:57:35 PM EDT
Which pistol brace your favorite on mpx? I have the collapsible brace it’s to short. I’m not tall guy either. I was thinking of the side folder brace I read it’s like 9.25” while callable one is like 1.25” shorter or less. That one inch or so would help. Thoughts on side folder brace? Like it or hate it? I’m on the fence of sbr it. But rather not. What other options is there for longer stock besides side folding brace to add length, I’m thinking 1.5” maybe 2” would make a big difference vs what I got. I can live with 1.25” gain if the info is correct but may not be that much of gain at all. Anyone who for sure difference in length from experience?
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 3:19:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Which pistol brace your favorite on mpx? I have the collapsible brace it’s to short. I’m not all guy either. I was thinking of the side folder brace I read it’s like 9.25” while callable one is like 1.25” shorter or less. That one inch or so would help. Thoughts on side folder brace? Like it or hate it? I’m on the fence of sbr it. But rather not. What other options is there for longer stock besides side folding brace to add length, I’m thinking 1.5” maybe 2” would make a big difference vs what I got. I can live with 1.25” gain if the info is correct but may not be that much of gain at all. Anyone who for sure difference in length from experience?
View Quote

Been feeling ill the last few days so I appreciate the smile LOL.

Anyways, check out the Safety Harbor KES with the tailhook adaptor. The length of pull is definitely longer than the helicopter folder that's on my MPX K or the Sig telescoping brace.

It's quite sturdy too and the mounting system is pretty ingenious.
I have one on my 8 inch MPX and it's actually too long fully extended (I'm 5' 11").

Link Posted: 4/16/2020 4:19:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I’ll check it out. Does it got a few settings from closed to all the way out max length on the kes stock? Lol that was funny my typo. I fixed it.

Also the covers on your keymod rail did that come on it factory or did you buy them? I bought my mpx used its on mine but need more and I have no idea if it came from sig or you ordered it and like to know brand and rom where. I seen them before but not now and don’t found ones just like that.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 5:24:21 AM EDT
[#3]
The Safety Harbor brace has several adjustable lengths.
In the photo above, it can actually extend out one more, so I'm sure it'll help with your problem.
The tailhook brace end is aluminum instead of flimsy rubber so that's a bonus as well.

The Keymod covers are from Bravo Company (BCM). They're pretty cheap and you get several in a pack.
I'll forewarn you that they are pretty aggresively textured so you won't be surpised when you open the package.

Good luck getting it set up the way that works best for you and then enjoy the heck out of it.
It's literally my favorite gun to shoot at the moment. When my MPX K gets back I have a suspicion it'll quickly become the favorite.

Link Posted: 4/16/2020 10:32:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I like mine especially with 147gr. I figured it out i
That bcm was the bran rail covered on it thanks. Not sure if I want to mess with mlock rail update for the money. But do want to either get the kes longer arm brace stock or the other one. Thinking on collapsible arm brace one. Which does everyone prefer a side folder brace stock or collapseabke arm brace? Mine a sb brace but would prefer the kes. I saw were you can get the block part and stock part seperate I think. Wonder if block mounted part that is way longer than mine would work with sb stock rod part? It’s a thought.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 12:26:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm virtually certain the rods are not interchangeable between the KES and Sigs offering. I have both and off the top of my head there are differences in diameter, length, and slot spacing.

Personally, my favorite is the Sig telescoping brace. I think it's the most aesthetically pleasing option.
Having said that, the Safety Harbor brace is very high quality as well, and if you're looking for a longer length I don't think it can be beat.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 11:48:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Nice set up... my MPX is almost identical down to the turned around hand stop and bcm rail covers lol

One thing you might try is a magpul "K" type grip, the more forward angle of the grip is much more comfortable with short length of pull set ups.

I wanted to keep a pretty short (concealable/packable) setup on my MPX so I went with the collapsible SB brace. I always felt a little cramped shooting it till I switched to the K grip.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 3:14:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the idea!

I've never even thought about changing grips but it makes sense.

I'm currently trying to figure out which light and how to mount for my new MPX K.

Link Posted: 4/18/2020 6:20:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I run a Double Star on a KNS/Lage folder

Link Posted: 4/19/2020 2:28:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the input!

Unfortunately that's too big for my new MPX K since the barrel is only 4.5 inches.

I'm leaning towards a streamlight TLR-7 mounted on the side of the handguard with an offset mount.
Hopefully it'll keep the light tucked close to the handguard since the MPX line is already chunky out front.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top