Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Posted: 11/23/2017 9:14:27 AM EDT
I just got GSG’s MP40 9mm pistol. Only been to the range once but it ran a box of Blazer brass 115 gr. and Perfecta with no malfunctions. Didn’t have a strap for it at the time so I was mainly shooting from the hip at 7 yards so can’t comment on accuracy but after a few rounds I found it pretty easy to keep my groupings tight so I think I’ll be satisfied when I can bench rest it.

Never seen a real MP40 up close, but ATI/GSG got this one right. Fit n finish is great, up close it looks good.

The mags are all steel, not quite as heavy as my Colt SMG mags but the top has a second steel ‘cap’ that hides inside the mag well when inserted with a lip on each side that stops at the bottom of the mag well to prevent overinsertion. Spring is stout, after 20 rounds loading gets pretty hard without the speed loader.

Trigger has a LOT of travel but the break is good. Didn’t try any rapid fire but it’s very predictable.

Feed ramp is pretty steep so hollow points or truncated bullets might be an issue. We’ll see.
Link Posted: 11/23/2017 10:48:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Any pics
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 10:48:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Just bought a new MP40 9mm Friday.
This one came in a cardboard box with one mag.
Ran 150 rounds thru it right out of the box without even cleaning it first.
Ran perfect with WWB 115's.
Going to go back to range tomorrow and actually zero in the sights.
Lots of fun!
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top