Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Posted: 1/14/2020 1:52:22 AM EDT
I have a converted AR that I really enjoy shooting.  It has a great cyclic rate and feel.  It's slower than many others I've shot.  For various reasons, I need to sell the particular registered lower but I'd like to be able to duplicate its behavior and performance on another lower.

If I retain the complete upper group, buffer and buffer spring... should I be able to reliably replicate the functionality of my current AR on a different lower?

I would then replace the upper and buffer parts on the old AR prior to selling.

Of course, if I knew all of the specs for the parts used on the current rifle, I could purchase direct replacements for all of those to build on the new receiver, but I don't have that information.

Or is there something I'm missing or some other way I should be looking at this?
- Dave
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 1:55:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Should be able to clone it if you retain the same FCG
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 2:08:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, you can (usually) tune any receiver to a particular rof, within reason, by altering the spring, buffer mass and gas impulse.

Just swapping the same parts into a new lower will probably be close, but not the same, unless it's another factory lower from the same manufacturer and near it in terms of production run. Conversions? Those pretty much all vary in little ways.
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 9:05:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a semi auto clone of my m16 lower. Same for and feel by using all the same parts, only difference is the semi auto selector and trigger.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top