Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/15/2018 12:59:20 PM EDT
I’m trying to figure out some logistics for a possible move and one of the biggest items is my safe.  Should I ship or just buy a new one?
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 1:02:58 PM EDT
[#1]
How are all your other things being moved? I would just put the safe in the moving truck with everything else

Moving guns and ammo is a different story but you didn't ask about that
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 1:28:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you selling a house?

If you are, I'd see what the new owners might be willing to kick in for the safe to stay.
I know I'd gladly drop 50-75% of the cost of a new one for a quality safe already in place at a purchased home.

If you're renting currently, ship it.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 2:36:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Im assuming theres a reason putting it on a moving truck isnt an option.

But how big is the safe and how far are you moving?  Depending on the cost of shipping it, it may be cheaper just to replace it if you cant just take it yourself.
I mean its basically that simple.  What would cost more? Shipping it or buying a new one?
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 3:25:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Sell the safe and buy a bigger one for your new home, then you can store more guns!
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 9:25:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I have moved an 800lb AMSEC safe three times. Usually adds $300-400 to the cost of the move. Much cheaper than buying a new one.
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 11:25:42 PM EDT
[#6]
My safe was in the low five figures. I’ll be moving it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 11:25:01 AM EDT
[#7]
If it's a cheap one, and you have the ability to upgrade it after the move, sell it.  If not, keep it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 5:21:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Movers move big stuff like safes all the time. My buddy recently moved and when they saw the safe, the had to recalculate the moving costs to include an extra man. Funny thing is, it ended up being cheaper because the extra man cut the overall time down.

Anyway, if you're moving yourself, that's one thing. But if a company is doing it, just leave it to them. Of course, move the actual firearms yourself so none go missing.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 5:52:53 PM EDT
[#9]
How much does it cost to replace your safe?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top