Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2021 7:22:28 PM EDT
I am supposed to pick up an X95 this week.

I am planning to mount a LPVO on it. Does a 1.5 height Mount work ok with these? I have a Badger Uni-Mount sitting around, but was thinking about tracking down one of the GG&G QD mounts. They were fairly reliably RTZ and lower weight vs the competition.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 7:44:26 PM EDT
[#1]
No, you will need 1.93 high mount.  AD-Recon H is what I use.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 9:47:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, I know where to start!
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 9:45:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Lower 1/3rd AR height optic mounts sit full co-witness on a Tavor. What is going to feel comfortable is user preference. Just keep in mind that the sight over bore on a Tavor is already an inch more than an AR, so the sight offset with each taller mount you go is even worse than it is on an AR.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 10:52:16 PM EDT
[#4]
1.5" Too low you'll be squishing your head down, 1.93" might be a tough high depending on how you feel (it'll be good for heads up, but not so good for prone).  1.7ish" will feel "normal" compared to an AR15 at 1.5"

As a general rule, take off 0.2" when considering what an X95 scope height will feel like relative to an AR15.  Thus a 1.93" on an X95 will feel like 1.73" on an AR which is a bit over "lower third" (~1.6-1.7 on an AR)

Very few people make 1.7" mounts.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 11:45:24 PM EDT
[#5]
As above, 1.5 is probably too low unless you like your shit low. I’d mount one height above what you’re used to (IE lower third>cowitness, 1.93>lower third, etc).
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 12:30:40 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a 1.7 Badger COMM Mount, so I may try that combo first
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 4:05:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a 1.7 Badger COMM Mount, so I may try that combo first
View Quote

Good idea. That’ll inform you quickly.

A lot will depend on your primary use.  Lots of prone static shooting (lower) or heads up dynamic shooting (higher)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top