Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2021 9:35:13 PM EDT
I got an esstac double pistol kywi and 2 ar15 kywis I'm mounting to my Blue Alpha 1.75 molle belt.  I ordered the kywis with esstac's polymer belt loops, but have seen people use Velcro one wrap to secure the kywis to the belt.  What's your preferred method of mounting?
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:39:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I use one wrap. Easy, cheap and effective. You don't have to break the poly loops, just take them off the same way you put them on.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 11:20:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I use the esstac belt loops on my competition belt. I superglued velcro to the back of the belt loop to help them stick to my inner belt.

You don't need to break the clips to get them off. Remove the kydex insert so the pouch is floppy and you can work the belt loop out.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 6:11:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Malice clips to secure it, zip ties to prevent any vertical play (minimalist molle belts don't have enough surface area to keep the kywi from having some slack in it).

The belt loops work quite well in molle as well tbh. Hindsight being what it is, I probably would have just left those on.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:15:02 AM EDT
[#4]
WTF straps.

They get a bad rap because many people don't know how to weave them properly.  When you do, they are rock solid.  And unlike Malice Clips, they don't dig into you.

This video is pretty decent at conveying the proper way to weave them:

Esstac Kywi WTFix straps installation. How to.

WARNING:. Annoying gun guy intro.

Unlike that guy, however, I don't find the need to stretch the pouch webbing with a spoon...and I pull the strap through rather than push it with a spoon.  I pass a zip tie through a slot on the strap, push the rigid zip tie through the pouch webbing, and then it's easy to pull the strap through.

And as he shows in the video, it's critical to pull the strap back through the middle row of pouch webbing midway through the belt weave to ensure the pouch is mounted rigidly.

The first time you try to do this you'll probably feel like a monkey trying to fuck a football...and you'll be convinced that the strap isn't long enough to get the job done, but it is. Take your time.   It gets pretty natural after you've installed a number of things and later repositioned them. I don't use pliers anymore, which keeps the straps neater, but a set of needle noses might help you out the first time you try this.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:08:59 AM EDT
[#5]
@scuba_steve  Thanks for posting that.  the zip tie idea is excellent.  Time to go reconfigure my stuff & pull the malice clips off.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 5:26:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Simplest: Velcro One Wrap, as has already been suggested.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:56:43 PM EDT
[#7]
For at least 4 years of daily use, I’ve had the same two pieces of Velcro one wrap holding a double mag kywi to my duty belt.   If you tuck the tail end back under the molle that thing ain’t going anywhere.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:28:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I use WTFix straps on my duty belt (AWS Lab with attachment panels) and one-wrap on my range belt (Ronin)...personally the one wrap is nice because it holds the pouch as close to the belt as it can and is very tight and secure...it also doesn't lose any of the internal velcro because...well...it's all velcro...
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 6:40:20 PM EDT
[#9]
I use loops and ive never broken one, I just take the fucking buckle off my belt and slide them on or off.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 12:45:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Velcro OneWrap

Even Estaac has instructionals for using it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 4:31:26 PM EDT
[#11]
One Wrap Master Race.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 4:43:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Started out with WTF straps, but this happened:

Attachment Attached File

Switched over to malice clips and no issues since.

Link Posted: 3/8/2021 6:56:26 PM EDT
[#13]
How i did it.
2" Buckles, velco loop between buckles, velco hook over the top.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 1:37:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122245/DDDB4FA0-5E30-4349-A62C-089633D88082_jpe-1857477.JPG

View Quote

WTF straps are designed around PALS / MOLLE webbing. A standardized 1" webbing with 1" space system. Start changing dimensions ( .5" webbing instead of 1") and where does all that extra mounting strap requiring tension go?
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 9:20:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

WTF straps are designed around PALS / MOLLE webbing. A standardized 1" webbing with 1" space system. Start changing dimensions ( .5" webbing instead of 1") and where does all that extra mounting strap requiring tension go?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122245/DDDB4FA0-5E30-4349-A62C-089633D88082_jpe-1857477.JPG

Absolutely correct.

One of y’all even warned me about this on an IG post a while back.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 4:06:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Absolutely correct.

One of y’all even warned me about this on an IG post a while back.
View Quote

Do the one-wrap on that belt.  You will be much happier
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 4:18:44 PM EDT
[#17]
One Wrap if it’s a dedicated belt. If you’re using a trouser belt between belt loops I find a trimmed Fight Light Malice clip to work well.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 7:58:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Switched to malice clips last month.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 8:10:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Anything that isn't onewrap = shitty peasent solution

Arfcom onewrap tutorial

Scroll down to JSchell1309's post

Link Posted: 3/10/2021 12:36:07 AM EDT
[#21]
If you don't need coyote, I don't, it isn't visible when I have my belt on. I bought 75 feet of 3/4" black one wrap for 21.50 from Amazon. I use it for tying up electrical cables for my ham stuff and the wife's tv. It's like tobasco sauce, I use that shit on everything.

one wrap
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 7:43:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
If you don't need coyote, I don't, it isn't visible when I have my belt on. I bought 75 feet of 3/4" black one wrap for 21.50 from Amazon. I use it for tying up electrical cables for my ham stuff and the wife's tv. It's like tobasco sauce, I use that shit on everything.

one wrap
View Quote

The One Wrap I listed is 1" wide. It works better on PALS loops vs. .75".
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 4:55:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The One Wrap I listed is 1" wide. It works better on PALS loops vs. .75".
View Quote

Mine are holding up just fine. Nice and tight, with zero movement.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 5:13:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Malice Clips.

The one loop sounds nice, but I already have too much stuff that breaks the contact with the inner velcro belt.

Link Posted: 3/10/2021 8:14:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Malice Clips.

The one loop sounds nice, but I already have too much stuff that breaks the contact with the inner velcro belt.

View Quote

@KaerMorhenResident

You are confused...

You would benefit from using the Velcro OneWrap. Once you are done attaching a pouch, the area left behind is Velcro (which attaches to your inner belt). In fact, if you used OneWrap for everything on your belt, the entire inner surface of your outer belt would grip to the entire surface of your inner belt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top