Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2018 2:05:31 PM EDT
So recently picked up a Wilcox G24.  Solid mount, very happy with it.  Problem is, when I click it into the shroud on my helmet, there is a ton of play.  The attachment is secure, I've tried pulling it off, but it just has about 1/8 of wiggle in it.  Is this normal or do I need a new shroud?

Not sure what model shroud it is.  Came with the United Shield Delta helmet I just bought.

thanks.
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 2:57:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So recently picked up a Wilcox G24.  Solid mount, very happy with it.  Problem is, when I click it into the shroud on my helmet, there is a ton of play.  The attachment is secure, I've tried pulling it off, but it just has about 1/8 of wiggle in it.  Is this normal or do I need a new shroud?

Not sure what model shroud it is.  Came with the United Shield Delta helmet I just bought.

thanks.
View Quote
The $300 helmet? Painted copy of an OpsCore VAS shroud? If so, it is an airsoft shroud if it is carbon fiber it is an Integrated Components shroud and real. I have a Wilcox shroud that is loose with an INVG. Put velcro female tape square in the hole to remove wiggle.
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 4:58:52 PM EDT
[#2]
You can try tactical tape (aka electrical tape) to take up some of the wiggle.
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 5:53:33 PM EDT
[#3]
If it don’t pop off under force then tape to take the wiggle out and then forget about it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 6:43:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I use the soft side of velcro.
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 7:23:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Soft velcro square as recommended, or I used 1.5" self adhesive ant-skid pad meant for the bottom of chair legs.

Everbilt brand in orange package at home depot
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 7:55:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I just cut a square of that ole green army 100mph tape and stick it in the shroud.Its been in there 13 years and still works great.
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 9:12:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Awesome.  Thanks everyone!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top