User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 8:22:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It’s not a match rifle but at 300 yards it will knock your Dick in the dirt just fine.    It’s a 2-4 Moa rifle.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
SCAR17
AR10
M14/M1a
FAL
G3

In that order.  FAL ranks so low only because they lack on accuracy.  G3 because while the roller lock is good life expectancy and maintenance of the system make it less than stellar in the long haul without armorer access.  M14/M1a ranks higher because of the accuracy they are capable of compared to FAL.
It’s not a match rifle but at 300 yards it will knock your Dick in the dirt just fine.    It’s a 2-4 Moa rifle.
and an M1A in the hands of a capable marksman will do it at 500 yards.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 7:27:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Desert Tech MDR
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 9:18:09 PM EDT
[#3]
G3. I’ve broke FAL’s and M1A’s. A .308 AR will be very durable but not as reliable as a G3. Maybe a FN SCAR if not suppressed. Had them all. Still have the LMT MWS.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 9:20:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
LMT MWS is a fine gun, until you have to carry it around for any length of time.
View Quote
It’s not 2009 anymore. They have MLOK uppers and LW barrels that bring it down to very near SCAR weight.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 9:22:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
Till they pop open like a break action shotgun while you’re shooting it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 9:38:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hah!   Exactly none of my awesome M1 Garands has ever done that.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 9:39:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It’s not 2009 anymore. They have MLOK uppers and LW barrels that bring it down to very near SCAR weight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LMT MWS is a fine gun, until you have to carry it around for any length of time.
Okay, interesting ... Linky?
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 10:04:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Okay, interesting ... Linky?
View Quote
@m4hk33

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Great-Video-SR25-vs-LMT-MWS/121-734068/
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 10:21:53 PM EDT
[#9]
AR10
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 10:24:06 PM EDT
[#10]
SR-25 or MWS
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 12:34:35 AM EDT
[#11]
both are great guns, but it really just depends on what looking.  SR25's are impressive.  I think that while they are the most refined 308 AR, with great reliability. The price kind of keeps me away. Not in a poor person sense but just for that slight gain in say recoil impulse/smoothness and weight reduction, I would have to give up other stuff or pay an extreme premium to set it up to do the LMT does.

I am not throwing 8 to 10 grand at a gas gun before optics.

I have not been able directly compare my Mloc MWS to Kac's latest lightweight offering, but I do know that it is fairly close in weight to my Scar and while about 6oz heavier, its fine.

Its a large frame AR with a proven combat record that i can go from suppressed 13.5 308 to a 20 inch 6.5 in about 30 seconds.  I'll take that hit.

I have been going back and forth on if i want to keep my scar and honestly, if i decide to sell it, I am leaning towards a Fix from Q.  I wish FN would support its modularity. caliber options and stock option would make the platform far more interesting than what it is now.

i really like the SR25, the MWS, and the Scar for a very reliable gas gun, i don't think one could go wrong with any of those.

For me, the SR25 is too expensive to do what i want with it, FN really does'nt really support the modular nature of the Scar.

Also, I sent LMT a message on facebook asking if they had any plans to do lightweight/carbon fiber barrels and they said that while they dont plan on doing a carbon fiber barrel they said the do have a lighter barrel in the works.  not sure what exactly that means since they already have lightweight barrel for 308. maybe a few oz lighter?  They also mention that they are thinking of doing a barrel that would allow them to compete better in the 3 gun world.

Maybe something interesting will come out at shot show this year.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 2:06:04 AM EDT
[#12]
IWI Galil ACE .308

FAL

SAN 751 SAPR
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 3:49:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
G3. I’ve broke FAL’s and M1A’s. A .308 AR will be very durable but not as reliable as a G3. Maybe a FN SCAR if not suppressed. Had them all. Still have the LMT MWS.
View Quote
SCAR if not suppressed? Curious why you would say that. The SCAR is phenomenal suppressed. The gas jet can be swapped to allow you to tune your rifle to your can. My SCAR16 sbr is my favorite suppressed rifle. My friend’s 17s sbr and 20s are the softest shooting, most pleasant suppressed 308s I’ve shot. We are both shooting SF cans. Reliability has never been an issue with suppressed SCARs.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 7:34:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 10:57:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

SCAR if not suppressed? Curious why you would say that. The SCAR is phenomenal suppressed. The gas jet can be swapped to allow you to tune your rifle to your can. My SCAR16 sbr is my favorite suppressed rifle. My friend’s 17s sbr and 20s are the softest shooting, most pleasant suppressed 308s I’ve shot. We are both shooting SF cans. Reliability has never been an issue with suppressed SCARs.
View Quote
Even using a low back pressure can and a 1.35 PMM gas jet I peened a carrier on mine. It would have failed eventually. FN has struggled with it as well...and now sells a can designed for the rifle which the don’t sell to us lowly private citizens.

Add on the 1:12 twist barrel and you’re stuck with a battle rifle. I see lots set up as a DMR and it makes me chuckle.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 6:37:24 PM EDT
[#16]
It will be the CZ BREN II in 308; my prediction.  Basically has a simplified HK417 gas system on top of a SCAR receiver chassis/lower, with the G36 BCG.  Nothing about that suggests anything less than peak reliability, and the carrier is quite a bit lighter so it should be much easier on optics (also the impact-faces of the BCG and barrel trunnion are inclined, so the carrier tries to tilt upward & bind against the bolt instead of simply clanging together.)  More importantly, the price doesn't sound like it will be stupid-high, so they might actually exist in quantity & be shot.  On nearly every possible point, except *perhaps* the front-end furniture arrangement which could still be subject to change, it's a SCAR-killer.

These topics are silly since no one ever defines "reliable."  To some fools, it's the ability to run submerged in mud for some reason, to others, it's guns that run clean enough that they seldom need service, to others, it's guns with oversized components that better handle the heat loading of voluminous full-auto fire, to others, it's the ability to digest a wide range of ammunition with or without adjustment, and to others, it's simply accuracy.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 6:37:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Even using a low back pressure can and a 1.35 PMM gas jet I peened a carrier on mine. It would have failed eventually. FN has struggled with it as well...and now sells a can designed for the rifle which the don’t sell to us lowly private citizens.

Add on the 1:12 twist barrel and you’re stuck with a battle rifle. I see lots set up as a DMR and it makes me chuckle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The SCARs are still not warranted for suppressor use, right?
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 7:30:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The SCARs are still not warranted for suppressor use, right?
View Quote
Correct
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 3:30:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Most reliable also means the one you can service when needed in SHTF. Mags, parts, accuracy,  plus physically reliable = AR10
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 3:56:00 AM EDT
[#20]
M1A/M-14 as it's what I grew up on and can field strip blindfolded plus it just runs.

ETA: weighs 12 pounds with 20 round mag and scope.  Its heavy and my ARs weigh 7.6 pounds. Same for AK-74.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top