Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2021 2:31:01 AM EDT
What do you guys recommend in terms of bump helmets for the price? Wanting a really comfy setup that can distribute weight very well and would like the helmet itself to be lightweight too ideally.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 8:28:55 AM EDT
[#1]
TW or OpsCore, whatever you can find in stock.

Then get 4D Tactical pads.

Enjoy peak bump helmet comfort.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 8:41:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

This. whoever said that the 4D pads were like marshmallows on your head was exactly right. They should trademark the phrase and sell it to 4D Tactical!
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 8:53:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is the way. Measure your head before you order.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 10:57:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 11:04:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Is the molded in shroud a big concern for the Ops Core Bump?
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 11:56:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 12:22:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Any bump helmet is going to be comfortable if you outfit it with 4D pads. Pick anything on Amazon.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 1:31:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks guys. My concern from looking at the 4D pads is mostly that the contact area at the top of the head still looks small. I'm sure the pad material is super soft and comfy, but is there no risk of them creating pressure points than one that would spread the load out further? Ideal would be same material but with more points of contaxt as that's a large issue I had with a similar helmet with pads that were the same shape and size (granted the pads weren't made of foam that's nearly as nice)
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 2:01:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thanks guys. My concern from looking at the 4D pads is mostly that the contact area at the top of the head still looks small. I'm sure the pad material is super soft and comfy, but is there no risk of them creating pressure points than one that would spread the load out further? Ideal would be same material but with more points of contaxt as that's a large issue I had with a similar helmet with pads that were the same shape and size (granted the pads weren't made of foam that's nearly as nice)
View Quote

Get the set with more pads. Enjoy feeling supple tittys wrapped around your noggin.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 2:40:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
I've got an OpsCore with 4D pads and everything they say is true.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 3:07:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Is the molded in shroud a big concern for the Ops Core Bump?
View Quote

Ive got a 2012 version Im still using all the time

Its got a crack in the shroud

G24 mount is still tight in the shroud
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 3:59:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Just ordered the Ops Core Bump.  I decided to wait and see how it feels and how the mount fits into the molded shroud before I order any pads for it.  I have extra pads here, but I'm sure the 4D pads are way nicer.

I was about to order the Aurora Pro as well.  But couldn't find a code online to use.  Then when I looked for a phone number to call, I don't see one listed on their web site.  I always call a company if I'm spending a few hundred dollars on something.  Just to:  1.  See if they answer the phone and  2.  Get a feel for what I may experience if I need to call them with a problem later.  For example, if they answer, is their support team overseas and I can't understand half of what they are saying?  So Sionyx not listing a phone number is a real issue for me.  Does anyone have their phone number?  And if you called them, how was your experience?

I'll try their online support and see how that goes.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 4:14:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Which 4D pad for a TW LTP?

I've seen mixed suggestions...
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 4:18:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ach set
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 4:37:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Ach set
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ach set

This.   I thought the TW was pretty comfortable stock, but I had to crank down on the adjustment thing to feel secure in it.  

Added the 4d pads and holy crap.  It’s a lot more stable and more comfortable
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 5:16:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Ach set
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Ach set

Thank you!

Quoted:

This.   I thought the TW was pretty comfortable stock, but I had to crank down on the adjustment thing to feel secure in it.  

Added the 4d pads and holy crap.  It’s a lot more stable and more comfortable

Yeah. I've been pretty disappointed in the pads in my TW so far... I've spent a couple of hours trying to get things to fit and end up having to crank the wheel pretty hard too. I also feel like my chin strap lengths were cut short... My rear ones are all the way out and still don't feel right...

Link Posted: 4/9/2021 5:37:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
...Then when I looked for a phone number to call, I don't see one listed on their web site.  I always call a company if I'm spending a few hundred dollars on something.  Just to:  1.  See if they answer the phone and  2.  Get a feel for what I may experience if I need to call them with a problem later.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
...Then when I looked for a phone number to call, I don't see one listed on their web site.  I always call a company if I'm spending a few hundred dollars on something.  Just to:  1.  See if they answer the phone and  2.  Get a feel for what I may experience if I need to call them with a problem later.

You want one of head honcho's deets? He posted this in the FB NV101 group. He's also @colornightvision on IG, and hooked me up via DM with a new eyepiece in a few days. Another guy is:  [email protected]

Anthony James Longo: Edwin Murphy Always here. My email: [email protected] Full transparency for you guys. I'm committed to the market and this community and welcome the feedback, comments, questions, etc....
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 6:53:18 PM EDT
[#18]
This is relevant to my interest.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top