Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2017 8:25:07 PM EDT
How is this rifle?

I am looking to buy one, and I will only use M14 mags.
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 9:42:20 PM EDT
[#1]
pmags run best in it.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 10:44:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm also interested in info. Considering a 6.5 creedmore MVP LR.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 3:45:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm bumping this one because it would be nice to know what current owners think of the MVP Patrol.

After reading over at the MVP forum, they seem to be nothing but junk that need a few $100s put into them to make them even work right and can't shoot anything, that isn't high performance ammo, worth a crap.

Link Posted: 2/6/2018 8:33:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I have 3 MVPs.

2 in 308, one is a Patrol 16" barrel, other is the 24" barrel.

1 is a Patrol in 5.56.

They are accurate enough for me, though they are not precision rifles.

They are reliable and while the 5.56 does not seem to work best with 20rd Pmags, I use GI 20 rounders, I have only used 308 Pmags in the larger rifles without issue.

Both Patrols work great suppressed with a SiCo Omega.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 10:10:58 PM EDT
[#5]
How well do they do with plain old FMJ rounds? 2-3MOA would be good for me.

How does your 5.56 do with the 30rd PMags?
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 10:31:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I traded a Saiga 12 for one in .308 with a 16” barrel.

Function is fine, it has a nice trigger and it is plenty accurate.

The stock is cheap feels cheap.

I could hold steel with it out to 500 yards no issue.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 10:32:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
It will shoot to the quality of your ammo.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 11:02:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I played with the action on the .308 in the store and thought it was loose and had trouble cycling the bolt smoothly.  Loved everything else about it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 6:25:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I have one, it does well enough for what it is, a more-or-less MOA hand cranked shorty .308 on a budget.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 7:53:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
It does what FMJ is supposed to do.  Expect 3-4 MOA

Ive never tried with the 30 rd PMag, because it looks silly.....
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 11:00:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
How is this rifle?

I am looking to buy one, and I will only use M14 mags.
View Quote
I have the MVP Scout in .308 and it's been a pleasant surprise.  I get about 2-3 MOA with it which is more than fine for my needs.  I also bought it to run with a few 10 round M1A and AR10 magazines I have.  They all work well, the AR10 mags work the best.  With all the magazines, the bolt does ride a little rough, but it's been reliable for me.  It's definitely not Mauser-smooth and requires a little more aggressiveness, but it works.  The Scout model has excellent ghost ring sights which I like, but I'm running a Leupold 1.5-5x IER scope on it.  It won't win many beauty contests and won't compete with much nicer triggers or bedded actions, but it's a very good "service" rifle to handle anything inside of 300 meters for me.  The length and balance is nice as well.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 12:59:26 AM EDT
[#12]
They're popular where I live. I have trigger time on five of them.

My observations: moa or sub moa with premium ammo. Average ball ammo accuracy with, you guessed it..ball ammo. No malfunctions. Nice triggers for production rifles.

Feeding from box magazines for semi auto rifles is a different sensation. Not bad just different. Probably because box mags for semi autos have stiffer springs than traditional internal magazines do. All mags fed fine. P mags fed the slipperiest.

As mentioned elsewhere the bolt to receiver clearance is generous and things do not get tight until the bolt is locked. The same is true of bolt action field and battle rifles of the pre WWII war era.

The Patrol models in 5.56 and .308 gave a no nonsense business like impression.
The laminated stock models seemed more traditional.

Build quality fit and finish is a bit above commensurate the price point.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 2:17:45 PM EDT
[#13]
I have really enjoyed my patrol model in .308.  Trigger and bolt are not bad but the stock is nothing special.  I have always used PMAGS in it and have never had a problem.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top