Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2019 4:53:37 PM EDT
I have a 14" AOW and now that the Shockwave craze has taken over I couldn't sell it if I wanted to. Question for all the NFA fans,
should I have it removed from the registry and put a birdshead on it or keep it as an AOW and pass it down?? Just wondering where
the wind would blow if it was yours, also I rarely shoot it despite it's cool factor and with a Hogue grip it's pretty tame as long as it's not 00.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 4:57:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By mew:
I have a 14" AOW and now that the Shockwave craze has taken over I couldn't sell it if I wanted to. Question for all the NFA fans,
should I have it removed from the registry and put a birdshead on it or keep it as an AOW and pass it down?? Just wondering where
the wind would blow if it was yours, also I rarely shoot it despite it's cool factor and with a Hogue grip it's pretty tame as long as it's not 00.
View Quote
IMO it's already on the NFA registry and like you said it's not worth much.  I'd put it in the back of the safe or take it out and shoot it.    Can't go down in value much in the future, and being a NFA item already it might not run into the same issues a non NFA  shockwave does in the future.  Get both?
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 5:40:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By mew:
View Quote
I understand your point as I also have one with a 12" barrel.  I decided to keep it in the registry. I'll let my heirs make that call.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 4:33:58 PM EDT
[#3]
yes true considering it's $5
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 7:11:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Icopy] [#4]
I had my 14" AOW cut down to 10" and put a Serbu folding foregrip on it. Still has the cool factor and doesnt fall into the "should have just bought a Shockwave" group.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 9:27:36 AM EDT
[#5]
yeah that is a cool piece!! I like the "shorty" aspect
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top